Need 360 Owners advise

Khondor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
ok, we are getting a 360 next week.
I dont really know a thing about it other that the RRoD epidemic thats going around.
I need some advise on what setup to buy.
No really needing the HD-DVD add on
other that that, what would you all recommend?
Also any accessories would you suggest.
and any other things I might need to know as a 360 newbie.

Thanks a bunch

call of duty 4, halo 3, gears of war, ace combat 6, dead rising, bioshock, oblivion game of year edition, and mass effect on release. Accessories wise, just buy an extended warranty and maybe an extra controller with play and charge kit. If you havent bought it yet, go for an elite.

As was stated, if you can, buy an Elite. Aside from that, that list of games was pretty much spot-on, with the exception of The Orange Box needing to be included. As for accessories, since you said 'we' I'm taking that to mean either you and a friend, you and a girlfriend, or an arrangement like that; in which case a second controller and two play-n-charge kits would be advisable. That aside, there's not much else you need: it's pretty much made to play straight from the box. DEFINITELY pick up Bioshock, though...you won't regret it.

Extra controller, play and charge kit, extra rechargable battery pack and XBLIVE if you want to play online.

Games should be of the genre you like. I am enjoying the vast collection of FPS games. I am not a big FPS gamer, but the 360 has gotten me back into the genre. One game not to be overlooked should be Viva Pinata. It is a neat, fun and creative game. It looks kiddy, but is a pretty deep game. I would suggest getting GamFly or one of those game rental places.

Orange Box, Guitar Hero 3, COD4, Dead Rising, Condemned, Oblivion, and the arcade classics (Puzzle Fighter, UNO, Pac Man CE, Bomberman, etc etc etc).

I just got my premium 360 this week. LOVE IT! I say get Halo 3 and the wifi adapter (if you need it), the two free games it comes with are decent, too.

Thanks All for the Info.
it has been very informative.
Looking forward to seeing you all when I get on LIVE :D
Just dont beat me too bad.

K

Get an elite, it's worth it. But If you can get the one that has 2 games packed in get it. You'll also want a warranty that starts after the manufacturer's warranty is up (It is 1 year for every type of defect but 3 years for the 3 red rings) And you WILL need that extended warranty because there are other things that may go wrong, Like the DVD Drive.

You'll also want another controller and a play and charge kit for that controller. (The elite has a play and charge kit bundled in)

As for faceplates, You don't need any but if you want one get the GameFace one because it lets you make your own. (You print an image on special paper and then you put that in between two faceplates)

And as for games, Subscribe to gamefly because if you buy a game that you end up not liking you are stuck. But as for game reccomendations, Here is a very long list:

360 games that are out now:

Condemned
Crackdown
Bioshock
Dead Rising
The Darkness
Gears of war
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3
Halo 3
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2
Lost Planet
Oblivion
The Orange Box
Overlord
Saint's Row
Skate
Shadowrun
Stranglehold
Xbox live arcade unplugged Volume 1 (You may need xbox live to access the full versions)

Xbox Live arcade games:

Aegis Wing (Its free)
Astropop
Root Beer Tapper
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Worms
Yaris (Its free)

Games to stay away from:

Bullet Witch
Pimp My Ride
Vampire Rain

Good loking games not yet released:

Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Mass Effect

Oh, And if you have any intention on getting xbox live (Which, If you decide not to get, You are missing out on like 85% of the xbox experience) Buy the 12 month package off of Amazon. It comes with an Xbox camera, (A $15 value) A headset (A $20 value) 12 months of Xbox live (A $50 value) Two Xbox live arcade games (Robotron 2084 and Uno, A $10 value) and 200 Microsoft points (A $2.50 value) All for $66 the last time I checked.

When I said "The one with the 2 games packed in" I was talking about an elite with 2 games bundled in. The 2 games are Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Also you should get a 360 that is as new as possible. What I mean by that is the closer the manufacturing date is to the current date, The better. You can check the date through a little flap on the top of the box. If you want one that'll last a long time, You should get one made in september this year Or newer.

I've heard that Best Buy has great extended warranties, You might want to try looking there.

You don't need any cooling accessories if your 360 is in a well ventilated place. Also do not stack anything on top of the 360 because that could cause the DVD drive to not open.

Also keep in mind that Downloaded content is Tied to the console and your xbox live account, Not the hard drive, So if you send your 360 in for repairs you WILL get a different one back and you won't be able to play your Xbox live arcade games Offline, You will only be able to play them while you are online. This also counts for switching Hard Drives, So if you had a 20 gig HDD and you upgraded to a 120 gig HDD and transferred your content to the 120 gig one you won't be able to play XBLA games offline. Also you cannot use your HDD on another system or else the same thing will happen: No XBLA Games offline.

[quote name='Slate']Oh, And if you have any intention on getting xbox live (Which, If you decide not to get, You are missing out on like 85% of the xbox experience) Buy the 12 month package off of Amazon. It comes with an Xbox camera, (A $15 value) A headset (A $20 value) 12 months of Xbox live (A $50 value) Two Xbox live arcade games (Robotron 2084 and Uno, A $10 value) and 200 Microsoft points (A $2.50 value) All for $66 the last time I checked.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't happen to have a link, would ya?

bread's done
Back