Need a bit of help getting my PS2 online

Photomotoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I need to find my PS2s MAC address.

I bought my adapter at EB with the 4.0 startup disc which I think was actually for the slim models but it worked anyway. I am now in a dorm and in order to connect I need the MAC address to register it to the network. The problem is that I can't find it. Can I even do it with 4.0 software?

Thanks for any help.

I'm not familiar with the PS2's OS, but if you connect it to a router, then connect to the router from a PC, you can look up the MAC address of all the connected evices.

I just did a google search, and this is what I came up with:
  1. Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
  2. Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
  3. Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since we disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
  4. You can now press the select button which will display the MAC.
  5. The 12-digit number is the MAC address of your PS2, write it down so that you can use it later.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']I just did a google search, and this is what I came up with:
  1. Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
  2. Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
  3. Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since we disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
  4. You can now press the select button which will display the MAC.
  5. The 12-digit number is the MAC address of your PS2, write it down so that you can use it later.
[/quote]

This method did not work for me with the 4.0 software.

And I can't check my router, I am using a switch. Routers are not allowed.

On a similar note, I'm trying to set up a PSTwo for online. I ran the online setup that came on the Burnout 3 disc and everything checks out. When I try to connect in that game, it gives me a DNS server error after about a minute on the DNAS screen. What am I doing wrong? I have my console connected directly to the cable modem and I'm using OpenDNS for my DNS servers. Are Burnout 3's online servers even still up? I have Destruction Derby Arenas and Amplitude as well, but a friend is borrowing them.

bread's done
Back