Need a cheap montior-switch (preferably w/ DVI)

PuNK45S

CAGiversary!
I am looking for a monitor-switch for my computer. My videocard has 2 dvi ports and I currently have one connected to my main-monitor and one connected to my TV, but I also have a second monitor that I would like to be able to use.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know much about switches. From what I've read from descriptions of a lot of them is that they are meant to connect multiple computers to a single monitor, but I kinda want the opposite.

I would like for this to be something I spend less than $30 on, but whatever the cheapest is I'll consider.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I know someone is going to say this should be in the deals forum, but it's more me asking what I need than asking for a deal. It just happens that whatever it is I end up needing, I want it to be cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not going to find a DVI switch for the price you're asking. They typically start at about $100 and skyrocket from there.

Are you wanting to game on the two-monitor setup or have something that will display desktop stuff (web, movies, etc)? If it's the latter, you could get away with just buying a cheap PCI or PCI-Express video card and hooking up the third monitor to that.

[quote name='saturnotaku']You're not going to find a DVI switch for the price you're asking. They typically start at about $100 and skyrocket from there.

Are you wanting to game on the two-monitor setup or have something that will display desktop stuff (web, movies, etc)? If it's the latter, you could get away with just buying a cheap PCI or PCI-Express video card and hooking up the third monitor to that.[/QUOTE]

The DVI part is absolutely necessary, it would be nice, but I can manage without. Are there any on the cheap-side without dvi?

It is for gaming mostly, but I also just like to have the extra space when I'm working on my computer. I have it connected to my TV so I can watch movies/netflix etc. from my computer.

bread's done
Back