Need a good UPS (or other power protection) for my HDTV

Link127

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
to anyone who has an HDTV, or at least knows what to protect it with...what do you use? or what would you use if you had an HDTV?

personally, i have a Samsung DLP and have become concerned about power outages. the power isnt that great where i live and outages or sags/brownouts happen regularly. it usually isnt enough to turn the TV off, but once in a while there is too little power and the TV turns itself off. when that happens, the fan cant stay on to cool the bulb as it normally would when the TV turns off.

i have an awesome UPS from APC for my computer which leaves me no worries about its protection, but i wanted something similar for my home theater...more specifically the TV.

i have flirted with the idea of a Monster combo of the AVS 2000 and Powercenter 5100 or 7000 but both are way too much money (they are made by Monster after all) and way outta my price range. while looking at them again last night i found this:

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=2909

i happened to come across it and it seems perfect for me. its $300 which is way cheaper than anything else i have seen, it is better than just a surge protector like my Powercenter 750 since it corrects for undervoltages. sure it only has 2 outlets, but the TV is by far the most important to protect.

what do you recommend? any advice?

[quote name='Link127']its $300 which is way cheaper than anything else i have seen, it is better than just a surge protector like my Powercenter 750 since it corrects for undervoltages. sure it only has 2 outlets, but the TV is by far the most important to protect.[/QUOTE]

This is $60 and will protect you just as well, with many more outlets (however, doesn't have line conditioning): http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=PR11T3V5

Sounds like you have major electrical problems in your area, you may just be stuck with a $300 product.

bread's done
Back