Need a list of RPG/Hack & Slash,any kind of rpgs, fun games for my collection:ps1/ps2

endlessPRO

Banned
Since I started to recollect my collection.
I need a list of games for rpgs , hack & slash , any kind of rpg's/tactics , fun games , worth playing and etc for PS1/PS2 games.
Also good games that is a must.

Games I have so far:

Breath of Fire 3
Dragon Warrior 7
Saiyuki: Journey West
Tales of Destiny 1
Tales of Destiny 2
Disgaea 2
Tales of Legendia
Tales of the Abyss
Suikoden IV

Games I need:

PS2:
Kingdom Hearts 1/2
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X, XII
Dawn of Mana
Odin Sphere
Okami
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shadow Hearts From the New World
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 5
Alundra
Xenosaga
La Pucelle
Phantom Brave
Growlanser Generations
Atelier Iris : Eternal Mana
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Star Ocean
Inuyasha
Mana Khemia
Persona 3 FES

PS1:
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete

Kingdom Hearts 1/2
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X, XII
Dawn of Mana
Odin Sphere
Okami

Those are the games I've enjoyed. There are more, lots more, but it's a start if you haven't played them.

Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant, and Shadow Hearts From the New World.

And while I haven't played it, I haven't heart much good about Suikoden IV. I recommend you get Suikoden III, which was stated to be a much better game. I also recommend getting the first 2 Suikodens but they're pretty damn expensive.

FYI, Suikoden III is a $19.99 used game at Gamestop, so if you are picking up GTA IV you might want to use this weeks otherwise lame coupon along with your edge card to get Suikoden III for $13 + tax. If you they happen to have a copy. Big "if", that is. Anyway, if you're getting GTA IV, you might as well take a look (and the coupon.)

All NIS games. (La Pucelle, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, etc)
Okage
Growlanser Generations
Atelier Iris : Eternal Mana
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Star Ocean

And if you're into anime, the Inuyasha RPG is actually pretty decent. You can find it for around $14 now.

Okami and persona new, is a pain to find at any B&M. Should wait for CC to do their deal for $30 for two GH games and then pick up the FF and KH games.

Hey KillingMachine

Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

what type of game are they?

Also Diablo is better on pc :)

I picked up Xenosaga ep 2 but need the first one.

Disgaea 1
Mana Khemia
Persona 3 FES

DO NOT GET THAT FALLOUT GAME! Its awful. The most recent Fallout is a steaming pile on all fronts, even for the hack-n-slash genre. Do not waste your money >_>

[quote name='endlessPRO']Hey KillingMachine

Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

what type of game are they?
[/QUOTE]

All three are hack & slash action RPGs similar to Diablo. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel does get some flack, but I had fun with it. Most of the people who bash it, only bash it because it isn't anything like the previous Fallout games released for the PC. Personally, I think it's underrated. I really like hack & slash and thought it was a nice diversion from all of the fantasy based games in the genre.

Whats the difference between Persona 3 and the FES?
( just another add on game on FES with Persona 3 included ? )

need more games wanted

[quote name='endlessPRO']Whats the difference between Persona 3 and the FES?
( just another add on game on FES with Persona 3 included ? )

need more games wanted[/quote]

Persona 3 FES has more content than Persona 3. FES has more persona (magical summoning creatures) and 30 hours of extra content compared to Persona 3. Just think of Persona 3 FES as Persona 3 + expansion.

Over at DIGITALPRESS is a complete alphabetical list of PS2 RPGs with developer, publisher, and release date. Additionally there are lists of the games for all the deluxe packages, regular cases with extra content, Greatest Hits, and pictures of the contents of the deluxe sets.

LINK:
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73673

In this thread (page 2, post #36) at DIGITALPRESS you find a complete list of PS1 RPGs (alphabetical and according to genre).

LINK:
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113388

If you can find 'em, Brave Fencer Musashi and Threads of Fate were short, but enjoyable games on the PS1. Dragon Valor was rather weak, but is a very simplistic hack-and-slash with minor RPG elements. Darkstone was another sub-par experience that I hear is better on the PC. The Granstream Saga probably doesn't count in this category, but is close and may be worth checking out as well...

For the PS2, I enjoyed Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, which allowed you to strengthen multiple swords by basically slashing all enemies in sight. Eternal Ring was an okay launch title with a first-person perspective, if that's your cup of tea. I really liked the first Fullmetal Alchemist game (Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel), but probably isn't worth it unless you're a fan of the show. The first X-Men Legends game was okay, but only if you're playing with other people...

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Vinny']Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant, and Shadow Hearts From the New World.

And while I haven't played it, I haven't heart much good about Suikoden IV. I recommend you get Suikoden III, which was stated to be a much better game. I also recommend getting the first 2 Suikodens but they're pretty damn expensive.[/quote] One of those shadow hearts games is $19.99 new on target.com. I think the newest one. You should try and find Koudelka for the PS1 too.

Also, I don't know if its been said but the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series. 1 is really fun and under $10. 2 is ok but will be $30-50. The fucking dog ate my copy. >,

Xenosaga is a pretty good rpg type saga thingy you should try it. Musashi samurai legend is fun (except the beggininng kinda sucks ass). I LOVE Tekken 4&5 thats just a fighting game though. Tenchu was cool. Actually theres a whole crap load of fun games :/

bread's done
Back