Need a name for my upcoming Son ASAP, please help!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Me and my wife can't come up with a name for our son...her due date is August 11th...I'm running out of options. We both want to give him a unique name, nothing common...

Here's some of the stuff we had...

Landon
Alister
Alexius
Korben
Lander
Leander

Please help....Don't care if its videogame related or not, just want something that sounds good..I'd rather not give out my last name to see if it works, just post your ideas if you can please.

Whats your last name if you dont mind sharing. It might make it easier. Some real suggestions from me are:

Behney
Clay
Phoenix

In all seriousness, how do you feel about Reggie, or Josh, or Steve? Those are guys that people like to hang out with.

"Dude, it's STEVE!! Let's give him money!"

If my dad ever told me that my name came from an internet gaming forum, I'd punch him in the gut and put him in a rear naked choke.

I know everyone is different but do him a favor and don't name him something completely unique - go for uncommon maybe but IMO a boy's name should be strong (he will be a man someday). All these pussy names people keep naming their kids makes me crazy - Aiden, Jaden, Tyler, Logan, Dylan, Jordan, etc. Just stop. Your kids are going to get punched in the face repeatedly.

We named our son Cole and I really like it. Its short and simple like I think a boys name should be. And it is not an overly common name

Don't talk shit about "Aiden," now. 's a good Irish name. Ever call an Irishman a "pussy"? That's right; you're smart, now. ;)

I'm a fan of going back to meaningful relatives' names. It helps if your family heritage isn't so "Americanized" that, if you go back 4-5 generations, all you find are "George" and "Edna" in various incarnations.

I don't know you personally, so I can't recommend any actual names; however, I'm fond of meaningful family names as mentioned above, and also the somewhat Southern (I think) tradition of using the mother's family name (or go a generation or two back in that direction).

[quote name='javeryh']I know everyone is different but do him a favor and don't name him something completely unique - go for uncommon maybe but IMO a boy's name should be strong (he will be a man someday). All these pussy names people keep naming their kids makes me crazy - Aiden, Jaden, Tyler, Logan, Dylan, Jordan, etc. Just stop. Your kids are going to get punched in the face repeatedly.[/quote]

Hahaha! I agree! My bro's first and middle name is Tyler Logan.

OP, I think I would go with Matthew. It's strong, sexy, women love it....etc.

[quote name='magiic']Tobias[/quote]
That has to be the greatest name on earth...

How about Jackson? I wanted to use that name if I have a son but came up with something different.

[quote name='javeryh']I know everyone is different but do him a favor and don't name him something completely unique - go for uncommon maybe but IMO a boy's name should be strong (he will be a man someday). All these pussy names people keep naming their kids makes me crazy - Aiden, Jaden, Tyler, Logan, Dylan, Jordan, etc. Just stop. Your kids are going to get punched in the face repeatedly.[/quote]

I agree with this line of thinking and thus decree you dont allow your son to have your last name. You instead name him John Matrix

when naming a boy I would suggest names with hard vowels. he is your son, it is your job to instill in him a sense of strength, and a strong name is the best place to start.

Thor Deathbringer.

Also, my gf wants to name a son (IF we have one) Julian.

Why don't you take that so I can tell her she can't pick it because someone we know already named their kid it.

[quote name='kromekoran']when naming a boy I would suggest names with hard vowels. he is your son, it is your job to instill in him a sense of strength, and a strong name is the best place to start.

Thor Deathbringer.[/quote]

Rock McStone

Oh, I think that Augustus is a really good one. Really. Augustus or Constantine. Or Socrates. Plato, maybe?

Pick a Roman name. I give you a 100% guarantee that NOTHING wrong will happen in your or his lifetime if you give him a Roman name. I'm going to name the daughter I'll be adopting in about 10 years Victoria or Augustine.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Linkin.
But spell it wrong, and name him "Lincoln."[/quote]I was actually going to make that half-joke. Better yet, he can be called "Linc[k]" for short.

Thanks guys, lots of good stuff to think about in between all that sarcasm that I totally saw coming.

I actually wanted to name my son "Linkin" but my wife rejected it, been pushing it for 8 months until my wife blew up on my...hee hee.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXn8WKpYaA[/media]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks guys, lots of good stuff to think about in between all that sarcasm that I totally saw coming.
[/quote]

I, for one, was completely serious.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Oh, I think that Augustus is a really good one. Really. Augustus or Constantine. Or Socrates. Plato, maybe?

Pick a Roman name. I give you a 100% guarantee that NOTHING wrong will happen in your or his lifetime if you give him a Roman name. I'm going to name the daughter I'll be adopting in about 10 years Victoria or Augustine.[/quote]

If you name your child Augustus you are condemning him to obesity.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I like Max. Its short, strong, and I think it easily goes in front of any last name.[/quote]Some women don't want to snuggle with Max Power, though.

bread's done
Back