Need a name for my upcoming Son ASAP, please help!

This should really be a decision between you and your wife. I don't understand why someone would post on a video game message board asking what to name their kid. Name him something that means something to you.. after your father, her father, a great uncle that got shot in the ass in vietnam, whatever. Just lay off the medieval/gladiator type movies/sounding names(Alexius, Leander, Landon, Alister, etc).

You're the man in the relationship (I hope). You can come up with one that's perfect for him without any help from anyone here.

[quote name='Scorch']This should really be a decision between you and your wife. I don't understand why someone would post on a video game message board asking what to name their kid. Name him something that means something to you.. after your father, her father, a great uncle that got shot in the ass in vietnam, whatever. Just lay off the medieval/gladiator type movies/sounding names(Alexius, Leander, Landon, Alister, etc).

You're the man in the relationship (I hope). You can come up with one that's perfect for him without any help from anyone here.[/quote]

You know that makes sense and its true and all, but once it comes down to it, its a pain in the ass...its really hard to come up with something specially when we don't really want a common name like Mike or John...etc. There's no difference asking for opinions here on Cheapassgamer.com than going out to get the "1000 Baby Names" book or searching for stuff online. Mostly everyone does it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You know that makes sense and its true and all, but once it comes down to it, its a pain in the ass...[/quote]
:lol:

Wait until you actually have to raise the kid! If naming him is the hardest thing you have to do, consider yourself lucky.

It's not like you're buying a puppy and trying to come up with a cool name for it, this is your own flesh-n'-blood son. Give it another try.

[quote name='Scorch']This should really be a decision between you and your wife. I don't understand why someone would post on a video game message board asking what to name their kid. Name him something that means something to you.. after your father, her father, a great uncle that got shot in the ass in vietnam, whatever. Just lay off the medieval/gladiator type movies/sounding names(Alexius, Leander, Landon, Alister, etc).

You're the man in the relationship (I hope). You can come up with one that's perfect for him without any help from anyone here.[/quote]

I dont think he's expecting any of us to provide the name for his child. He just wants to hear suggestions. It's like going to a restaurant and looking at a menu.

[quote name='Maklershed']Max Power .. he's the man with the name you want to touch .. but you musnt tooooooooouuuuuuuuch![/quote]

Rembrandt Q. Einstein?
Handsome B. Wonderful?
Hercules Rockefeller?

MAX POWER!

"You don't snuggle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and feel the G's!"

:rofl:

You're the man in the relationship (I hope). You can come up with one that's perfect for him without any help from anyone here.[/QUOTE]
PWNEDM@#!!!!

Just kidding. That was lame.

[quote name='Maklershed']I dont think he's expecting any of us to provide the name for his child. He just wants to hear suggestions. It's like going to a restaurant and looking at a menu.[/quote]
Thank you!

Guess my choice of words for the OP could have been better.

[quote name='Scorch'] Name him something that means something to you.. after your father, her father, a great uncle that got shot in the ass in vietnam, whatever. [/QUOTE]

Forrest???

mt1160973358.jpg

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'd name my kid Sora.

I think Kyle is one of the coolest names IMO. I wish that was my name.[/QUOTE]

Kyle is a good name

look at the cool characters named after it

12148231.jpg

logo.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You know that makes sense and its true and all, but once it comes down to it, its a pain in the ass...its really hard to come up with something specially when we don't really want a common name like Mike or John...etc. There's no difference asking for opinions here on Cheapassgamer.com than going out to get the "1000 Baby Names" book or searching for stuff online. Mostly everyone does it.[/quote]

It's a pain in the ass to name your kid? Cripes, it should be one of the best things in your life! It shouldn't be hard to "come up" with a name. And honestly.. look at the suggestions here. Look deep into your heart and you'll know the answer.

I dont think he's expecting any of us to provide the name for his child. He just wants to hear suggestions. It's like going to a restaurant and looking at a menu.

But you always order something off that menu.

[quote name='Scorch']It's a pain in the ass to name your kid? Cripes, it should be one of the best things in your life! It shouldn't be hard to "come up" with a name. And honestly.. look at the suggestions here. Look deep into your heart and you'll know the answer.

But you always order something off that menu.[/quote]

Dude...I'm not gonna bother responding...seems like you'll always be the same old Scorch...I'm done.

[quote name='Scorch']It's a pain in the ass to name your kid? Cripes, it should be one of the best things in your life! It shouldn't be hard to "come up" with a name. And honestly.. look at the suggestions here. Look deep into your heart and you'll know the answer.[/QUOTE]
1.) It's a fun question / idea to propose to an online community.

2.) It can be hard to come up with a name for a child.

Why you think it shouldn't, is a little strange.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Dude...I'm not gonna bother responding...seems like you'll always be the same old Scorch...I'm done.[/QUOTE]
Test out your new ban-hammer! ;)

yea...a temporary ban on a regular would actually be funny...

but it is hard to name a kid...if my wife didnt already have the name set i have no idea what i would have picked

I def don't think it's wrong or weird for asking advice. It's just advice and listening to suggestions.. it would be another thing if he was holding a contest over this "NAME MY SON, WIN PSP + GAME PAKAGE!1" then we could probably think differently lol

Shit, I hate naming stuff. I don't have any kids..but it really took me nearly a day to think of a name for my damn Nintendog! Same goes for any game that requires naming things :(

I'm Chris, I like that name. I make wine from water, or so my name makes people think I can.

I also grew a beard and resemble Abe, so name him Abraham, or Grizzly Adams , Harry Potter, all sorts of other names.

bread's done
Back