Need a new 360; mine RRoD'd

Stoic Person Eater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
231 (100%)
Looking for a deal on a new 360 - Arcade version would be fine. Don't want to deal with this RRoD crap anymore. This is my 2nd RRoD with this system, bought at console release.

You just missed out on the xbox 360 deals at walmart. However, you can find new arcade editions on eBay for $125-$150. Amazon merchants sometimes have them for $165-$185 (although the lowest price now is $188).

[quote name='ychanus']I thought Microsoft will fix it for you if it is RROD.. Won't they?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if it is still under warranty.

Don't do it over the phone. Go to the xbox website and set up your repair online. When you select the "3 flashing lights option" it will drop the cost to $0.00. I have done this twice already. My console is also a late 2005 system. You can print out the shipping label right from your own printer. Then take it to a UPS store and they will pack and ship it for $13 and change. Both times my console was shipped to texas but sent back from Tennessee, so they are not checking the consoles for dates or warranty status.

If your XBOX RRoD, your warranty is extended 3 years. Considering if this is the same box you had repaired and RRoD on you again.....your warranty should be intact since everything should of been renewed when you sent it in the first time. I would dispute it, go get it fixed with them man, heck chances are, if it was like mine they might send you a new console back.

After 2 RRodS one would think the customer would gain some intelligence and stop supporting crappy hardware company.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']After 2 RRodS one would think the customer would gain some intelligence and stop supporting crappy hardware company.[/QUOTE]

At least Microsoft repairs RROD consoles for free, unlike Sony who charges quite a hefty fee for the YLOD.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']After 2 RRodS one would think the customer would gain some intelligence and stop supporting crappy hardware company.[/QUOTE]
Haul ass fanboy. Not looking for your shit.

If you don't want to deal with it, ditch the console. RROD is a universal problem (all models) and I cannot understand why people continue to use such shoddy hardware.

Here's your solution... $300 bucks... includes a blu ray player, built in wifi, free online, and are very reliable... they're called Playstation 3's

[quote name='xgemini87']Here's your solution... $300 bucks... includes a blu ray player, built in wifi, free online, and are very reliable... they're called Playstation 3's[/QUOTE]

There's no "I" in team, but there is in "dIck"

I'm in the same situation but my xbox has been opened and the warranty sticker removed. I set up an online repair but I've hesitated on shipping it because I think they won't fix it. I was thinking about getting a new one soon. Suggestions?

[quote name='donteatsoap7']I'm in the same situation but my xbox has been opened and the warranty sticker removed. I set up an online repair but I've hesitated on shipping it because I think they won't fix it. I was thinking about getting a new one soon. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

if it truly rrod , it can be fixed, I fix that over here for $50 bucks,,, Im sure you can find someone to do it.

[quote name='donteatsoap7']I'm in the same situation but my xbox has been opened and the warranty sticker removed. I set up an online repair but I've hesitated on shipping it because I think they won't fix it. I was thinking about getting a new one soon. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

if it truly rrod , it can be fixed, I fix that over here for $50 bucks,,, Im sure you can find someone to do it.

Crazy this is my first post here.

But i have the same crap going on with mine, except it's the drive going out.

I was going to replace the drive myself, but upon research that can get me banned by MS.

So i may have to scrounge up some cash somehow and buy a new 360. Which i was trying to do anyways so i can have a extra 360 in the living room for Netflix. Just sucks that MS won't let us repair our own crap if we choose to.

I fixed mine without too many problems. Some one gave me theirs that had RROD'd. Just followed X clamp replacement guide and boom worked again. No problems for 2 years now.

bread's done
Back