Need a new DDR pad. What should I get?

blueshinra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I've been trying to get a new DDR soft pad, but am having bad luck with it. The first one I ordered (one of the DDRGame "Energy" models) had a terrible delay and I returned it. Just got a second one today, but it's the wrong model and it has delay problems as well (it's a different version of Energy, funnily enough).

My old pads were generic no-name ones I got off of eBay, but they're both pretty much dead at this point. I also have a RedOctane In the Groove pad I got off a CAG, but although its fine otherwise, the sensors for the up and down buttons cut into the middle area, and it's impossible to stand there without setting them off. I've heard that some people mod the ITG pad, but I would rather not risk damaging it permanently.

Mainly what I'm looking for is a soft pad, preferably with foam inserts. I don't know if I should keep trying DDRGame pads-- I've heard mixed things about them, but they seem to be the only game in town these days. The model I tried to order the second time was the Version 4.0 pad, which has some decent reviews on Amazon.

Also, PS2 compatibility is a must. 360 and/or Wii connectors would be nice, but are not necessary.

I usually don't play any songs that are higher than 5, but I want something I can use for up to an hour daily.

And finally, I'm a CAG, so the price has to be reasonable ;) So, can anyone recommend a new pad for me?

bread's done
Back