Need a new MMO or something

dcm1602

CAGiversary!
Im an old school mmo-er long before wow

Havent played anything in a while d/t school, but got a shit ton of free time and im itching for something new

Anyone have any good opinions?

I really dont have the patience to wait for PSO2/Wildstar/Elderscroools/FFXIV realm reborn

Ideally id like something with a new game/server as everything feels a lot more competitive, but im open to any opinions out there.

Much preciated 

Maybe look into Path of Exile. They just did another reboot with the last major patch, and it is a really great game for free. 

Runescape 3 is coming out soon. Right now you got the evolution of combat going on which is a lot of fun.

Spiral Knights (FREE) is an EXCELLENT 'Legend of Zelda: Four Swords" gameplay MMORPG.

Not an MMO, but a moba - League of Legends.

not really an mmo but new marvel heroes isnt to bad its d2 style and its f2p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tera Online.  It one of the best mmo's I've played since EQ 2.  Also there is an English Patch for PSO 2 so you can play on the Japanese servers without any problems if you want.

Stop right there because there's no MMOs out there for you anymore. I'm assuming you're used to games like UO, SWG, or Shadowbane correct? Where PvP was endgame and risk was a factor. If not, there's plenty of mainstream casual MMOs to choose from but as far as the golden age of MMOs: it's dead.

Stop right there because there's no MMOs out there for you anymore. I'm assuming you're used to games like UO, SWG, or Shadowbane correct? Where PvP was endgame and risk was a factor. If not, there's plenty of mainstream casual MMOs to choose from but as far as the golden age of MMOs: it's dead.
lol definitely

UO and tibia was what i started on, although I played WoW, GW2, EQ, Warhammer and all that

Tera Online. It one of the best mmo's I've played since EQ 2. Also there is an English Patch for PSO 2 so you can play on the Japanese servers without any problems if you want.
Got an opinion on Tera vs Rift (which goes free to play in like 2 days?)

Was considering checking out both, but got the feeling that they both looked heavily like WoW clones.

And is pso2 on the japanese servers like bug free ? I figured waiting for the asian english version was my best bet

Everything is boiler plate WoW now, only the aesthetics and to a degree control scheme are different.  GW2 came the closest to shaking things up, but as I'm sure you saw it has no real endgame outside meaningless zerg pvp.

lol definitely

UO and tibia was what i started on, although I played WoW, GW2, EQ, Warhammer and all that

Tera Online. It one of the best mmo's I've played since EQ 2. Also there is an English Patch for PSO 2 so you can play on the Japanese servers without any problems if you want.

Was considering checking out both, but got the feeling that they both looked heavily like WoW clones.

And is pso2 on the japanese servers like bug free ? I figured waiting for the asian english version was my best bet
Haven't played Rift but I really enjoyed tera. I dont know what you mean by WoW clone but it is a MMO so it has all the things you would expect in a MMO. What I really liked about Tera was the combat. The combat is action focused so you have to move around and block kinda like say Monster Hunter. Very skill based so its extremely satisfying when you kill the more powerful enemies. The biggest problem I had with Tera was the lack of customization. Im use to EQ 2 which had like 20+ classes/races. Tera only has 7 races and 8 classes and every class uses the same weapons which kinda sucks.

Since both games are F2P you should try both and decide which you like. If you decide to play tera let me know, I was thinking of getting back into the game and starting a new character. PSO 2 should be pretty bug free since its been out for almost a year in Japan and there is like a full English text/UI patch available. Just note you wont be able to transfer your progress to other regions of the game. This is why I haven't started playing it, I don't want to have to start over when it comes to Vita in the US.

lol definitely

Haven't played Rift but I really enjoyed tera. I dont know what you mean by WoW clone but it is a MMO so it has all the things you would expect in a MMO. What I really liked about Tera was the combat. The combat is action focused so you have to move around and block kinda like say Monster Hunter. Very skill based so its extremely satisfying when you kill the more powerful enemies. The biggest problem I had with Tera was the lack of customization. Im use to EQ 2 which had like 20+ classes/races. Tera only has 7 races and 8 classes and every class uses the same weapons which kinda sucks.

Since both games are F2P you should try both and decide which you like. If you decide to play tera let me know, I was thinking of getting back into the game and starting a new character. PSO 2 should be pretty bug free since its been out for almost a year in Japan and there is like a full English text/UI patch available. Just note you wont be able to transfer your progress to other regions of the game. This is why I haven't started playing it, I don't want to have to start over when it comes to Vita in the US.
Well by wow clone, I mean a game that literally looks/plays almost 100% like wow except with slightly different graphics.

Like when I played Aion it felt very much like I was playing wow, except grind heavy.

Tera doesn't sound like that, it sounds much more like GW2

bread's done
Back