Need a new power button/switch...?

SilverPaw750

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Several months ago, I pushed on my power button and nothing happened. I opened up my case to discover that the power switch that resides behind the button had fallen out of it's position. I couldn't get it back in, so instead I just taped it to the side of my case, and ever since then I've been opening up my case and pushing on the switch with a pen to turn my computer on and off.

So three days ago, I grabbed the power switch (I have to hold it in place to be able to maneuver a pen in to turn it on), and it ripped off right in my hands. The power wires severed, and I may be able to take pictures if necessary (since I'm not on my computer right now, I don't know how well I'll be able to hook up my components to it).

I looked online, and the only related topic I could find had several people suggesting to solder the wires back together. I don't want to do that, because I know I'll just fuck something up and destroy my computer. So I dropped by CompUSA, and they told me I just need to buy a new powerswitch to connect to my motherboard, which I can order off of my case manufacturer's website. Problem is, Thermaltake has THE worst laid out website, and I can't find anything on it, let alone a product I know nothing about.

So does anyone know where to order a new...power switch? to hook up to my motherboard? Thanks.

Do you know the model number for your case?

This is the link to the tech support request. I've done this with Antec but I would imagine Thermaltake is about the same. Tell them you need a power switch replacement unit for your case.

Might be a good idea to take a pic of the case and the power switch. Some of us might be able to help if we can see what we're searching.

Alright, I'll e-mail tech, but here's the info:

It's a full-tower Thermaltake Xaser III
0826072200co4.jpg

Here are the wires the button ripped off of (sorry for the bad picture quality, it's my camera phone). They're severed just above the rubber.
0826072201bh0.jpg

And here is the button itself.
0826072202nm4.jpg

0826072202ahj4.jpg

0826072202bbd3.jpg

Let me know if anything else would help, thanks!

Submitting things on their tech page gives me a page reading:

Active Server Pages ؟ù»~ 'ASP 0126'

§ن¤£¨ى¥]§tہة

/support/TechSupport/techreq_complete.asp, ¦C1

§ن¤£¨ى¥]§tہة '/sopport/include/connection.asp'،C

...so I think tech support from Thermaltake may be out of the question.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Nevermind, solved the problem by using my reset button as a power button.[/QUOTE]

Reset button can start your computer? Hey I never know that. And can it also do force turn off?

[quote name='Raymond']Reset button can start your computer? Hey I never know that. And can it also do force turn off?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant that he just swapped the reset button in place of the power button which actually is a really good idea on your part OP.

bread's done
Back