Need a New PS3. My 60GB Just Died.

You do realize that Sony will repair your PS3 for HALF of what a slim would cost you, right? Just call them: 1-800-345-SONY

And by 'died', do you mean it got the YLOD or is it just that the lens is not reading discs? If it's the second thing, then there's videos on YouTube that show you step by step how to open up your PS3 and clean the lens manually.

I can sell my dead PS3 for close to $100 since it's a 60GB. That makes the difference between a new Slim with a warranty only about $50 more than a refurbished PS3 from Sony. I don't have the YLoD, the system just completely shut off. From what I've gathered it seems to be the power supply, so I already bought a PSU off of ebay for $22. Hopefully that will fix it because it would be a pretty cheap and easy fix.

If you can do it yourself, then it's definitely worth it, but to give up a fully BC PS3 for a slim and only sell it for $100 is not worth it.

The case on the slim makes loud cracking noises when it heats up from use. Those noises are very disconcerting. But other than that and a few freezing issues, the slim I have has been very reliable as opposed to my 40 gb I had which seemed to freeze at least once a week.

bread's done
Back