Need a New XBL Headset...., which one is best??

obijuan71

CAGiversary!
My original Xbox Headtset is gone for good, First people was not able to listen to me, then after a while if I used it will create huge static noise while playing not to me but to the other players, I was able to listen to them fine but they will start yelling at me to turn it off because of the noise, and finally my controller will shut off if I had the headset plugged in.

So, any good cheap headset you can recommend?

I heard the wireless one was crapy as well so, any other ones?

Ive got that halo 2 one they have at gamestop for 14.99 I believe, it's small and it works well.. ear pieces are kinda big though.

I'm using the Halo 2 Plantronics headset, and it is a bit irritating, but it hasn't broken... unlike every other MS headset I've touched.

I've been trying to get one at CompUSA but they are all gone, I will try to get the big motorola one, even do I might end up looking like an out of work news caster

[quote name='captmurphy']I really like the 1st party MS wireless one.[/quote]

Haven't you had any static problems with it?

[quote name='obijuan71']Haven't you had any static problems with it?[/quote]

i've read that the ms wireless mic is actually pretty good, and that all known issues including syncing etc. come from using the mic with the controller that comes packaged w. the 360.

can anyone confirm / deny this?

I honestly don't know why the MS wireless headset got such a bad rep. It is comfortable, well designed, and has good sound quality. Nobody has complained about static, and I have not noticed any through the earpiece. I got mine on sale for like 36 bucks shipped, and it has been worth every penny thus far.

yea, i had 2 of the official ones that broke already. i bought a plantronics and it works well so far, but i don't find it comfortable and i have issues with it picking up my voice sometimes due to the mic placement or something. its kind of a bother. that adapter looks useful, any third party headsets that you guys would recommend to use with that thing??

[quote name='captmurphy']I honestly don't know why the MS wireless headset got such a bad rep. It is comfortable, well designed, and has good sound quality. Nobody has complained about static, and I have not noticed any through the earpiece. I got mine on sale for like 36 bucks shipped, and it has been worth every penny thus far.[/quote]

yeah..i got my wireless 360 headset from my sis this past xmas and i love it....very clear...battery lasts quite a while and comfortable.....i think the price tag is the only thing that people really dont like......

I agree with the other opinions of the wireless headset. I got mine during the buy.com/google X-mas deal and have loved it thoroughly. People say I'm more clear and I hear people more clearly. However, the mic is very sensitive so sometimes I have to switch over to the wired one b/c the ceiling fan is on or there is other background noise. All in all, best $40 I've spent for my 360 gaming experience.

[quote name='obijuan71']My original Xbox Headtset is gone for good, First people was not able to listen to me, then after a while if I used it will create huge static noise while playing not to me but to the other players, I was able to listen to them fine but they will start yelling at me to turn it off because of the noise, and finally my controller will shut off if I had the headset plugged in.

So, any good cheap headset you can recommend?

I heard the wireless one was crapy as well so, any other ones?[/quote]

if you call MS, they'll send you out a new one. no questions asked. i just did that myself. they won't even make you send out the defective one...

Would they do the same for the controller?
dopey3xj.gif

I'm in need of a couple myself as a room mate broke two of thme. I'm thinking of going the route of the adapter...only place I can find them B&M is at CC for 10 bucks a piece...but hes buying them...

bread's done
Back