Need a PS3 without paying retail. Ideas?

I got mine when the Live Search cashback on eBay was 35%...ended up picking up a used 40GB for $330 Buy it Now, plus $105-ish in cashback.

I think the cashback is 20% or so now. I'd look into that.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']There's that Sony $150 credit back with a purchase of over $299.[/quote]Don't quote me, but I think it's $100 back now.

Yup it's $100 cash back now instead of $150. Good luck finding a backwards compatible one at a sonystyle store though. The orders online seem to be backordered for ps3's.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Yup it's $100 cash back now instead of $150. Good luck finding a backwards compatible one at a sonystyle store though. The orders online seem to be backordered for ps3's.[/quote]

So you have to buy online to get $100 back? I just bought one 3 weeks ago at Gamestop, can I get some moolah for that?

I just bought mine in Alaska while living there. NO Taxes baby.

No you have to buy the ps3 at a sonystyle store, either online or at a B&M sony store using a credit card issued by Sony (credit approval required).

You can buy used. eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji, newspaper(?), etc. I like Craigslist the best.

CL = A consistent stream of decent deals marked by the occasional awesome deal popping up. Lotta people getting rid of "luxury" items they don't use.

You just have to find a non-retarded seller, move fast, be careful to test everything out = you can end up avoiding tax/shipping/excessive driving around and go home with a good deal.

bread's done
Back