Need a reasonable 32" tv $500 under

You just missed this Dynex 32" for $299 @ Best buy for Memorial weekend. It's back up to $380 now which is not bad but is probably OOS.

I got a 32" Sylvania from Sears for $380 a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. Saw similar prices at Target at the time, might check there. Also search FW and SD for deals. If you're patient something will pop up cheap before long.

Check with Dell, they usually have a brand name (Phillips, Sony, etc) for $400+. And just fyi, you don't need 1080p for 32" / 720p should be more than enough. You can check AVSforum or CNET for review.

[quote name='lorne']You just missed this Dynex 32" for $299 @ Best buy for Memorial weekend. It's back up to $380 now which is not bad but is probably OOS.

I got a 32" Sylvania from Sears for $380 a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. Saw similar prices at Target at the time, might check there. Also search FW and SD for deals. If you're patient something will pop up cheap before long.[/QUOTE]

how good of a tv is this. I got one on hold until sunday for 299 (instore pick up 8 day hold)

SlideCage, Some people in SD said that the TV is good, but AVS forum people didn't give this TV a high rating. I personally rather spend an extra $100 for higher tier brand, since I normally use TV for a long time anyway. But if it's for a 2nd TV that you're not going to use too often I guess it's fine.

Just make sure that you don't have a Sony, Panasonic or Samsung before purchasing this. :) You'll notice the difference.

IMO, 32" Vizio for $500 is a bit much. I bought 2 32" Panasonics for $499 from Dell last December for my company Christmas gifts.

I waited very patiently for my 32" LCD TV purchase for the girlfriend's house and I was able to snag a very nice Vizio from dell.com for about $330 shipped. Works wonders and has a very nice finished as opposed to the other no-name LCD brands. Of course, that $300 Dynex is a sweet ass deal and it's a shame you were unable to get in on the deal. I say just wait it out a little bit.. and you'll land a pretty good deal.

tigerdirect.com
i bought multiple 32 inchers for different rooms in my house
all under 450

[quote name='gi60']SlideCage, Some people in SD said that the TV is good, but AVS forum people didn't give this TV a high rating. I personally rather spend an extra $100 for higher tier brand, since I normally use TV for a long time anyway. But if it's for a 2nd TV that you're not going to use too often I guess it's fine.

Just make sure that you don't have a Sony, Panasonic or Samsung before purchasing this. :) You'll notice the difference.

IMO, 32" Vizio for $500 is a bit much. I bought 2 32" Panasonics for $499 from Dell last December for my company Christmas gifts.[/QUOTE]

i can get the tv with a 4 year replacement for 349 + tax.... dont know to pick it up or just allow the order to be cancel come monday

[quote name='gi60']SlideCage, Some people in SD said that the TV is good, but AVS forum people didn't give this TV a high rating. I personally rather spend an extra $100 for higher tier brand, since I normally use TV for a long time anyway. But if it's for a 2nd TV that you're not going to use too often I guess it's fine.

IMO, 32" Vizio for $500 is a bit much. I bought 2 32" Panasonics for $499 from Dell last December for my company Christmas gifts.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 32" Dynex LCD from Best Buy and am very surprised at the picture quality. I'm using it in my bedroom. I've hooked up my PS3 to it, and it looks great. Where on AVS forum did they talk about it? I only saw one mention of it on a thread about another Dynex LCD.

I actually brought the 26" Dynex LCD for $290 a couple weeks ago. I have my PS3 and PC both hooked up with HDMI cables. I too was shock with the picture quality of the Dynex brand.

Yeah, I have a 42" Dynex, and I must say I am impressed. The only downfall for me is regular cable channels. Those channels look better on a Samsung or something more high-end. However, my 360 and the HD channels my cable company gives for free look very good. I would recommend it.

I'd recommend looking at Sears clearance stuff. You never know what you will find, but they have some great prices on TVs sometimes.

bread's done
Back