Need a Turbo Controller Recommendation

the_ENEMY_

CAGiversary!
I have been looking for a good yet affordable turbo controller for the PS3. It can be wired or wireless, so long as it has every stick and button and works with no input lag on the PS3.

I saw a Datel controller with a terrible D-Pad that isnt suitable for fighting games and a Hori controller with some funny looking tiny sticks that I wasn't sure if it was good for aiming with in a shooter.

I am not looking to use this to cheat in any online games like CoD since I don't feel like getting banned, this will mostly to be for boosting games, such as the slow grind to max out soulcalibur 5 CaS items, and if I find another game with a need to slam the crap out of the face buttons like GoW 1 final boss battle.

A link would also be much appreciated! Thanks!

Before you buy one, make sure it works with the PS3. Sony has rendered most 3rd party controllers useless with firmware update 3.00 and 3.50. Also all games released in 2010 onward most likely have anti-cheat mechanisms built in that restricts faster than normal input.

I haven't tested one of the controllers in a while, but I know the Rocketfish brand ones from Best Buy had turbo on them. Unfortunately the L2/R2 triggers had weaker springs than the official Sony controllers. Not only that but the battery life was not too good on them and the PS/Home button took a bit of breaking in before it'd work right.

But if you could overlook all of that they had turbo and were Bluetooth, so no USB dongle required to worry about Sony having blocked.

Good luck finding one though as BB clearanced these out several years ago. If you're lucky you may find 1-2 on the trading forum here. I myself have one that's still sealed in the package around here somewhere, but I'm kinda saving it for when I run across a game that may require a lotta button mashing since it's better to annihilate a $10 controller versus a $55 one.

There's still some turbo controllers out there being made. Just check Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy's site and you should find a selection that'll be decent enough for you to find one you like out of them.

bread's done
Back