Need a TV upgrade

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've had my TV for a couple years now and I since I'll be getting monies from the government for buying a new house I'd like to upgrade my current TV. I have a 32 inch Sanyo TV. It's not an LCD which made it a pain in the ass to move.
I would like an LCD and I'm looking for the best deal. Compusa had a 46 inch Sony Bravia for 999 that I was contemplating but I want to see if there are any better deals out there. I'd almost like to spend less than that. More in the 500-800 range and anywhere between 32-46 inches would be good.
I'm not really that knowledgeable in TVs so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free, I can use the help.

Well, you can get a decent TV in that size range on the low end for around $400 if the size isn't that important to you. Target has some Vizio LCDs 32 inch between $400 and $500 but it depends on if you want 1080p or not. The one closer to $500 is 1080p while the one closer to $400 is 720p. These can normally be found on an endcap in the electronics department.

Vizio is one of the better brands when it comes to LCDs. You can also find similar ones to those at Wal-Mart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided on a Panasonic Plasma 42 inch, 720p for 600 at CompUSA. I looked at the reviews and it in store and have to say it's really nice.

While Vizio is a solid brand for the price range I would also like to recommend Philips. I've recently bought a 32" Philips LCD 1080p and I gotta say I love it. it was $641 after taxes at costco and came with free 2 year extended warranty. If you're going to buy LCD i recommend buying them from costco because first of all they give you 2 years extended warranty for free and they have a 90 days return policy on electronic so you can return it anytime within 90days if there's something wrong or you don't like it.

Before:
DSC_0012-1.jpg

After:
DSC_0015-1.jpg

600 dollars + tax later. The 32 inch will now look spiffy in my game room.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']
600 dollars + tax later. The 32 inch will now look spiffy in my game room.[/QUOTE]
Well i guess for $600 for a panasonic 42" that is a good price even for a 720p TV. I bought my 32" 1080p for my bedroom and for my PS3 so I was skeptical on getting a 720p but there were also alot of good deals on 720p 40-42" in costco and samsclub.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I decided on a Panasonic Plasma 42 inch, 720p for 600 at CompUSA. I looked at the reviews and it in store and have to say it's really nice.[/QUOTE]
Nice, I was actually going to recommend that one because of your price range.

I have the 50" model. They're incredible!

[quote name='luan87us']Well i guess for $600 for a panasonic 42" that is a good price even for a 720p TV. I bought my 32" 1080p for my bedroom and for my PS3 so I was skeptical on getting a 720p but there were also alot of good deals on 720p 40-42" in costco and samsclub.[/QUOTE]

The problem getting a 32" 1080P is that its hard if not impossible to notice the difference between 1080i (Which most 720P sets can do) and 1080P. Over 42" the difference can start to be seen and $600 is actually quite a bit to pay for a 32". The most important thing though is that you are happy with it. So this advice is more for other people looking for a mid-range priced HDTV.

bread's done
Back