Need a Wii? The Offical Wii Locator thread (CC/BB/TRU/Target 4/27)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's what everyone was saying a year ago.[/quote] yeah but in the past 3 weeks every single week multiple stores are getting supplys of Wii's. I cant see the drought lasting much longer.

All the gamestops are still selling out within an hour of Wii's arriving every day.

Best Buy last week had lines 2 hours before stores opened.

I'm hoping I can get one at Target or Wal-Mart this sunday...

EDIT: This is in the Milwaukee, WI area

EDIT 2: I just called around to all the Targets/Wal-Marts in my area to see if any of them would sell me a unit they're hoarding for Sunday. Apparently the Wal-Mart computer system locks out the Wii serial code until Sunday (confirmed by three different stores) so it's impossible to get one ahead of time there. But one of the Target guys seemed open to letting me come in late on Saturday to snatch one up. Might try that. The other 4 stores said they most definitely would not allow that.

ALL stores expected long lines on Sunday morning. =/ I hate getting up early.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Figured this would make everyone happy. I'll keep it updated as much as possible, and if someone sees anything else in stock, they can reply or PM and I'll add it to the title/OP.

Advertised in stock:

Week of 3/16 (thanks Speedy)
Target - yes

Week of 3/9 (thanks Speedy, pimpinc333, incredipinoy & MidnightMetal)
TRU - yes
Sams CLub - yes
Kmart - yes
Target - no
Kmart - yes
CC - no
BB - yes, 15 per store/1 per customer

Static links for major online retailers:
Amazon.com
Buy.com
Computer Brain
eToys.com (w/ F4-2, Zelda, Legend of the Dragon, Chicken Shoot)
EBStop (search listing)
Half.com listings
Sears.com
TRU.com (w/SMG, MP3, Nights, SC Legends & Rabbids 2) In-stock 3/10 @ 1528 EDT
Walmart.com (Mega Bundle)[/QUOTE]

Honestly ya'll - use wiialerts. I've gotten texts, and every single time I'm able to see available inventory

It's nice cuz little nephews and other children still want these so they make nice quick gifts =)

[quote name='nikkai']Honestly ya'll - use wiialerts. I've gotten texts, and every single time I'm able to see available inventory

It's nice cuz little nephews and other children still want these so they make nice quick gifts =)[/QUOTE]

They aren't always accurate, and are pretty pointless if you only have access to a computer at certain times every day. I got texts six hours after the items were OOS.

Those links are primarily for people to check once or twice a day to see if any retailers got any in-stock, and for people who are too lazy to read the weekly ads (I know :roll: ) to get a heads-up.

Otherwise, there wouldn't be people posting threads every day about Wiis coming in stock for 16 months now.

the weird thing about the Wii is that it is so scarce still because the eBayers snag at least 50 % of them every single time. I know I've sold a few here and there if I can actually wake up early on Sunday and every time I've gone out the same 5-10 people are always there. And if it has been awhile since the last ad, they bring their husband or 2 - 3 friends so they can buy two or more of them.

Wiis in this coming Wal-Mart ad (dated for 3/16). Not sure its all Wal-Marts, but at least Wal-Marts around Store #2088.

Yeah, Targets will have wii's tomorrow on 3/16. Just called the store and the lady told me to come early. Target's open at 8:00 a.m. I'm finally going to get one yay.

checked the scanner at target and it says it's in stock but obviously they won't sell until tomorrow. funny thing is, i talked to the lady at the electronics dept. register and asked how many wii's they'll have for tomorrow but she says there are none. well it's either she's completely clueless or they're not allowed to tell.

Not sure how much help this is, but I was at TRU yesterday on Monterey Road in San Jose, CA, they had a bunch of Wiis, probably around 15, give or take. No lines or anything since this is a new store.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Not sure how much help this is, but I was at TRU yesterday on Monterey Road in San Jose, CA, they had a bunch of Wiis, probably around 15, give or take. No lines or anything since this is a new store.[/quote]
Man, you got my hopes up... bummer. Luckily theres tomorrow.

[quote name='Kaydee09']checked the scanner at target and it says it's in stock but obviously they won't sell until tomorrow. funny thing is, i talked to the lady at the electronics dept. register and asked how many wii's they'll have for tomorrow but she says there are none. well it's either she's completely clueless or they're not allowed to tell.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time they are not allowed to tell. I already know how many Wiis my local Wal-Mart will have as I work there. All I can tell people is we will have them and they are shipped to us Saturday night - which is also a lie. We got them on Wednesday, Wiis never ship on weekends to any Wal-Mart as they are shipped FedEX/UPS.

I love the people who say, "well its in your ad, so why cant you sell them?"

Well dumbass, if you look at the ad its not marked till this Sunday. Gotta love clueless customers.

[quote name='gamer4432']Most of the time they are not allowed to tell. I already know how many Wiis my local Wal-Mart will have as I work there. All I can tell people is we will have them and they are shipped to us Saturday night - which is also a lie. We got them on Wednesday, Wiis never ship on weekends to any Wal-Mart as they are shipped FedEX/UPS.

I love the people who say, "well its in your ad, so why cant you sell them?"

Well dumbass, if you look at the ad its not marked till this Sunday. Gotta love clueless customers.[/QUOTE]

I've often wondered what time the Walmart Sunday ads go in effect. Like, could I go down there at midnight tonight and pick up a Wii. It IS officially Sunday at that point. They're open 24/7, so what do they do?

[quote name='Methane']I've often wondered what time the Walmart Sunday ads go in effect. Like, could I go down there at midnight tonight and pick up a Wii. It IS officially Sunday at that point. They're open 24/7, so what do they do?[/quote]

Varies from store to store. Most will probably tell you if it is going to be available at midnight or not. I know one WM by me is getting 9 wiis and already has 9 seats available for people to camp it out until midnight.

[quote name='Methane']I've often wondered what time the Walmart Sunday ads go in effect. Like, could I go down there at midnight tonight and pick up a Wii. It IS officially Sunday at that point. They're open 24/7, so what do they do?[/QUOTE]

Technically our Sunday ad goes into affect at 8AM EST, because not all Wal-Marts are Supercenters. However in the case of the Wii though, we will sell them as soon as we can. Our store will sell them at 12:01AM EST tonight, but some might still do the 8AM thing. If its a Supercenter, I would say midnight.

[quote name='gamer4432']Technically our Sunday ad goes into affect at 8AM EST, because not all Wal-Marts are Supercenters. However in the case of the Wii though, we will sell them as soon as we can. Our store will sell them at 12:01AM EST tonight, but some might still do the 8AM thing. If its a Supercenter, I would say midnight.[/QUOTE]

The 2 superstores where I live are selling them at midnight so that sounds right. They wouldn't tell me how many they had tho, only that they had more than 5.. Its almost 10pm here on the east coast so I don't really see the point in not telling people how many they have.. doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know how many Wiis Target stores usually get? I was in a Target store today and the Electronics Dept. manager said he didn't know. I said maybe 20-25 and he shook his head yes. He seemed like he was trying to be secretive about it.

At least in Wal-Mart's case it all depends on attachment rate. Due to high demand and low supply, distributors of the Wii will send out more in their shipments to stores who can sell the Wii along with many accessories and games. To qualify the purchase of accessories and games must be on the same order as the Wii.

For example, lets say you go in and buy Wii, and then on a SEPARATE transaction you buy 2 games, 1 extra remote, and a Wii Points card. The attachment rate for that sale was zero.

Now if you bought all those games and accessories along with the Wii on the same receipt, the attachment rate is 4 (2 games, 2 accessories).

The better the attachment rate per store, the more Wiis you will get.

All 24/7 stores sold them at midnight. The normal stores were supposed to sell them when the store opened on Sunday.

So if your reading this you're already screwed :p

[quote name='KyleneedsaWii']Does anyone know how many Wiis Target stores usually get? I was in a Target store today and the Electronics Dept. manager said he didn't know. I said maybe 20-25 and he shook his head yes. He seemed like he was trying to be secretive about it.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up a Wii at my local target and they had 59 of them.

Does target ever put the Wiis out on display or do they hide them in the back?

Today was the first time I ever saw a Wii in a store. I called Walmart last night and they said they open at 8am, so I get there around 7:40 and see it really opens at 7am!

I go to electronics and some old lady is buying the last Wii. Thanks for not knowing when the hell you open, walmart :(

Plenty of Wii's at Target on Ray and 48th Street in Phoenix, AZ. They had about 25 to 30 behind the counter. I was there about 9:30, no lines

no Wii system for me like I thought :( went to a few Targets around 11:30 am since it was the only time I could get there. I'll have to wait I suppose now to see when they appear again and try to show up early this time around. Anybody know when Gamestop gets shipments of these things in? The stores don't tell me anything. or when any stores are getting these again?

[quote name='chadthechosen']no Wii system for me like I thought :( went to a few Targets around 11:30 am since it was the only time I could get there. I'll have to wait I suppose now to see when they appear again and try to show up early this time around. Anybody know when Gamestop gets shipments of these things in? The stores don't tell me anything. or when any stores are getting these again?[/quote]
that's too bad. hope you get one next time. i was lucky enough to get there at opening time and they had around 30 wiis and no lines, only 4 other people waiting at the entrance.

yesterday i was at gamestop and i heard one of the employees say that they usually get shipments monday-friday from 1100-100 pm. i dont think there are specific days. the last shipment they got was last friday and they only had two which sold out immediately. i think your best bet is still target or wal-mart.

[quote name='chadthechosen']no Wii system for me like I thought :( went to a few Targets around 11:30 am since it was the only time I could get there. I'll have to wait I suppose now to see when they appear again and try to show up early this time around. Anybody know when Gamestop gets shipments of these things in? The stores don't tell me anything. or when any stores are getting these again?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kaydee09']that's too bad. hope you get one next time. i was lucky enough to get there at opening time and they had around 30 wiis and no lines, only 4 other people waiting at the entrance.

yesterday i was at gamestop and i heard one of the employees say that they usually get shipments monday-friday from 1100-100 pm. i dont think there are specific days. the last shipment they got was last friday and they only had two which sold out immediately. i think your best bet is still target or wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop may still be a good option, depending on where you live. Not many people go to Gamestops around 11-1pm on a weekday, which is generally when UPS delivers. There are always tons of people at Walmart at all times of the day (at least where I live) and when they see a UPS man delivering packages to the electronics department, there are a bunch of people in the store to pounce on him. When a UPS driver delivers to a Gamestop, theres usually not many people in the store to begin with.

So if you're free during the day, i suggest calling your Gamestop/EB around noon or so. Thats how I ended up getting Wiis for me, my girlfriends parents, and 2 of my aunts.

Target in Las Vegas on Sky Point (off US95/I215 in the NW part of town) had a bunch in the display earlier this afternoon.

gamestop is pretty easy to get wiis. they get them every week but the day varies. only during the weekdays and they receive their delivery around 11:30. So i would recommend calling around 12 and probably within a week or two you will catch them with a shipment. Hopefully that helps you get one.:D

"Important Message
We're sorry. The item Wii is no longer available from the seller you selected. We've moved it to the Saved Items section of your Shopping Cart. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page. "

Damn too late!

Tons of them at my Sams today. Were not moving fast, they had atleast 50ish when I went by at 3pm.

Was just inside Sam's Club in Jacksonville, NC and they had about 16 left. We went to the counter to buy one and they were letting one guy buy all of them. We made a fuss with the manager and they took one back from the guy and let us buy it. The sales associate told us that they only allow one Wii per person, but for some reason the manager approved one guy buying them all. It's people like this that Wiis are so hard to find and they are resold with jacked up prices.

[quote name='adawg555']Anyone know if the items in the Toys R' Us bundles are returnable?[/quote]

None of it. It's an all-or-nothing deal since it's all under one SKU.

bread's done
Back