Need a Wii? The Offical Wii Locator thread (CC/BB/TRU/Target 4/27)

I talked to someone at CC today about the wii and there were no surprises: there would be around 10 arriving, they hand out the vouchers at 9 am, the earliest he remembers people showing up was 6, and I'd probably be safe showing up around 7.

[quote name='Waterhouse']I talked to someone at CC today about the wii and there were no surprises: there would be around 10 arriving, they hand out the vouchers at 9 am, the earliest he remembers people showing up was 6, and I'd probably be safe showing up around 7.[/quote]

This is most likely what I will be doing too. One question though, where will the line be? Would it just be next to the front doors?

Luckily, the forecast here for tomorrow morning is rain and thunderstorms, so I don't expect to see too many people. If there is a line of more than ten people at 7, I'm getting to Toys R Us as fast as I can.

pre order mario kart wii from newegg.com for only $46.99 (total) inc. free 3 day ups shipping and free steering wheel inc., check it out

[quote name='letho007']pre order mario kart wii from newegg.com for only $46.99 (total) inc. free 3 day ups shipping and free steering wheel inc., check it out[/quote]

Oh thanks a lot dude, what a great deal, I can even play it on the wii that I don't own.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I just called both circuit citys near me and none of them got Wiis in... cool.[/quote]

I've always said Circuit City is the Kmart of electronics stores!

Just go to a Walmart at midnight and pick one up:)

[quote name='shoeymis']I've always said Circuit City is the Kmart of electronics stores!

Just go to a Walmart at midnight and pick one up:)[/quote]

I have like $130 credit at Circuit City : /

I had my girlfriend call right before they closed tonight however at like 9:50 and they said they got like 8 in.

The first time I called it was some girl that didnt sound like she knew what a Wii even was, so I guess she was just uninformed because my girlfriend said when she called the guy she spoke with seemed to really know what he was tlaking about.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have like $130 credit at Circuit City : /

I had my girlfriend call right before they closed tonight however at like 9:50 and they said they got like 8 in.

The first time I called it was some girl that didnt sound like she knew what a Wii even was, so I guess she was just uninformed because my girlfriend said when she called the guy she spoke with seemed to really know what he was tlaking about.[/quote]

I can assure you that the CC did not get a shipment in on a Saturday. Anybody that ever tells you that is flat out lying to you. All stores get shipments of Wiis during the week not on weekends and if they have it listed in their ad they are told to hold them for the ad.

I would guess it just means when you called the worker's weren't allowed to say "Yeah we have had 8 Wiis sitting in our backroom since Monday. I know the ad says 10 per store, but we will only have the 8, so get there early"

Good luck at CC--Walmart worked for me!

I just got back from Circuit City. Arrived at 6:30, second one there. Sat in my car for an hour and a half, and then got out to stand in the line. There were nine Wii's available, and six of us in line. I'll be going back in twenty minutes to pick it up.

Anyone in the New York CIty area can always hit the Nintendo store in Manhattan located in Rockefeller Center. They receive a shipment of Wiis every morning. As in how many they excatly get is hard to say but the security guard told me that if I get there at around 7am (they open at 9am) if there is less than 20 people on line already then chances of getting a Wii are very good. I hope this helps people out.

I just got one at Circuit City...i went there at 6:30ish. 2 other people were already there...and they only ended up having 5...my parents didn't want me to go that early...but I'm glad i did because at like 7:00 the 5th person showed up...there were like 15 other people that wanted one but couldn't get one

I picked up a Wii this morning at Circuit City. I got there at about 8am and was #6 of 8. Thanks for your helpful message board!

The CC in Union Square had 20+. They kept bringing more out from back to sell at the CS desk. (I was there much earlier than I had to be!)

Showed up at CC about 7 o clock and there were only four of us waiting in the 34 degree weather. The manager came out early and gave the vouchers out, I think he felt sorry for us.
Thanks for the heads up Speedy!!!

Can Fry's sell the wii ONLY in bundles, when the bundle is priced higher than the sum of its parts?

Their bundle includes the Wii, a BS nyko charging station, the sensor bar (included in wii), sonic and the secret rings, monkey ball, and mercury madness.

That's 250 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 20 = 360 dollars.
BUT THEY CHARGE 400 FOR THE BUNDLE. wtf?

edit: they also include a 'sports pack' which I assumed was WiiSports but I guess it isnt, and that would account for the missing $40... still a bull**** deal.

I slept in till 1 pm but decided to check my local Toys R Us anyway. They had several in stock. I thought about buying more than one and selling the extras on Amazon but then I remembered how hard it had been for me to find one before and didn't want to do that to someone else.

[quote name='devildr1ver']my local gamestop has used wii's in stock in fort worth, tx (fiesta plaza)[/quote]

what is the SKU for a used Wii anyways?

[quote name='Waterhouse']Showed up at CC about 7 o clock and there were only four of us waiting in the 34 degree weather. The manager came out early and gave the vouchers out, I think he felt sorry for us.
Thanks for the heads up Speedy!!![/quote]

You arent by any chance in Joliet Il, are you?

Hah because I went and was the first person there at like 5 and then 3 other people came, one was at about 7, and then shortly after the manager came out and handed out the vouchers.

So even if your not the same guy I saw, it still is and odd coincidence.

[quote name='buckythekat']what is the SKU for a used Wii anyways?[/QUOTE]

i have no clue but they were in those white boxes with the gamestop logo (the ones when you buy used systems) forgot to mention they were besides a stack of used ps3's (not sure if its 60 gig or w/e)

does anyone have the store locator link for GameStop where you can just plug in what SKU you want to check?

I found the SKU's for both used and refurbished Wii's :)

[quote name='BrolyB593']You arent by any chance in Joliet Il, are you?

Hah because I went and was the first person there at like 5 and then 3 other people came, one was at about 7, and then shortly after the manager came out and handed out the vouchers.

So even if your not the same guy I saw, it still is and odd coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Nope, wasn't me. But what happened at your store sounds exactly like what happened at mine.

The local Circuit City store had only 9 Wii's Sunday morning. At 9 am it was just three of us in line, and we got our vouchers.

After my girlfriend and I returned from breakfast at 10 am, the store had already sold out. We got our Wii and checked out TRU for fun, which was an even more popular Wii spot than CC.

It got us wondering just how people figure out where Wiis are going to be other than Sunday ads, considering the middle aged moms in line aren't CAG's main demographic.

Kmart.com had some Wiis. But it's OOS. As of right now it still appears in stock, but when checking out, it says that it's no longer available.

[quote name='ewingsquadron']The local Circuit City store had only 9 Wii's Sunday morning. At 9 am it was just three of us in line, and we got our vouchers.

After my girlfriend and I returned from breakfast at 10 am, the store had already sold out. We got our Wii and checked out TRU for fun, which was an even more popular Wii spot than CC.

It got us wondering just how people figure out where Wiis are going to be other than Sunday ads, considering the middle aged moms in line aren't CAG's main demographic.[/quote]
Sunday papers, early editions.

They go on sale in the afternoon on Saturday.

Hi guys. I just got a tip from my sister. It seems Costco in Asuza, CA has about 30 Wiis in stock for $350 with Wii Play, Mario Party 8, and an extra nunchuck. Hope this helps.

I can't believe it's been over 18 months and these things are hard to find :)

The above costco one is really not a bundle...they are just forcing you to buy the extras

Wii:250
nunchuc: 20
Wii Play 50:
Mario party: 40

lol you save 10$ i guess

My Wal-Mart (Store #2088) got 28 Wiis this morning, and they lasted until about 7:00PM EST (received at 9:00AM). First day for us in over a year that Wiis were on our shelves past noon.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any clue when the next shipments will be?[/quote]

The Walmarts in Southwestern Wisconsin get a shipment every Tuesday. Sometimes they get 3 each and sometimes they get 27 each.

Amazon has sold them 3 of the past 4 Wednesdays with yesterday being the only one they didn't. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amazon sold some today or Friday sometime between 12-2pm eastern.

Walmart's in Omaha, NE got Wii's in today at Noon! The store I was at had 9 of them, and only two people (including me) there right at noon. So 7 left at the 132nd and L location.

Back to Super Smash Brothers Brawl!!!! :D:D:D

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any clue when the next shipments will be?[/QUOTE]

Most of the time we get Wiis on Tuesday mornings. Wednesday seems to be the only other day unless the Wii is in our Sunday ad, and therefore we hold them off til Sunday. We sell those at 12:01AM EST, since our store is 24/7

Walmart's in Omaha, NE got Wii's in today at Noon! The store I was at had 9 of them, and only two people (including me) there right at noon. So 7 left at the 132nd and L location.

Back to Super Smash Brothers Brawl!!!! :D:D:D

bread's done
Back