Need a Wii? The Offical Wii Locator thread (CC/BB/TRU/Target 4/27)

Doubt they have any left, but the Best Buy in Mira Mesa, San Diego had one Wii left in stock last night. They had 3 when I got there, but I purchased one of them and noticed someone else had gotten one since it was up at the front register. I say give them a call before you make the drive. Best of luck.

Heads up on Wii's at TRU, supposedly when TRU will have Wii's availble 4/20 and as soon as they sell out they are going to be offering Wii presells/reserves for the following week of 4/27. Don't know if all TRU will be doing this or how many Wii's they will be offering (possibly different #'s for different stores). So just a FYI, so at the moment I would say this is a YMMV, I'll be sure to post something confirming this in the future.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Heads up on Wii's at TRU, supposedly when TRU will have Wii's availble 4/20 and as soon as they sell out they are going to be offering Wii presells/reserves for the following week of 4/27. Don't know if all TRU will be doing this or how many Wii's they will be offering (possibly different #'s for different stores). So just a FYI, so at the moment I would say this is a YMMV, I'll be sure to post something confirming this in the future.[/quote]

They are running the same exact program in Auburn Mass. On the 20th we are supposed to get about 70, then on the 27th we should be getting on the upside of 150. Don't quote me on those numbers they are just ballparks that some managers said.

My TRU (Clay, NY) is having the Wii promotion mentioned above as well. We have 57 for 4/20 and about 108 for the following week. I think 60 Wiis will be presells and the remaining will be sold as normal on 4/27 (I may have that reversed though; I really don't remember).

wii's are everwhere now in tucson i went to target and they had like 5 there
to like 3 different walmarts and they had like at least 3 to 5 on the shelves and i was also told each place had like three to five more boxes with them in the back.
the wii's are starting to become available now. me thinks.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Heads up on Wii's at TRU, supposedly when TRU will have Wii's availble 4/20 and as soon as they sell out they are going to be offering Wii presells/reserves for the following week of 4/27. Don't know if all TRU will be doing this or how many Wii's they will be offering (possibly different #'s for different stores). So just a FYI, so at the moment I would say this is a YMMV, I'll be sure to post something confirming this in the future.[/quote]

Confirming this for my store too.

I have seen Wiis at 3 different Targets (Nashville, TN) in the past week - at least 3 per store. I am in there in the morning, so it seems that is the best time to get there.

I went looking to find a Wii for a friend. The first place I check where I usually don't like to go was Gamestop (Cypresswood), they sold me around 12:30pm CST. If you want to shop at Gamestop, call before going.

Is there anyone that knows the minimum amount Target stores should have on 4/27 for the Wii system? The Target ad post for 4/27 on the DVD Forums thread states Limited Quantities.

Last week I saw Wiis at two different Targets and the one gamestop I went into here in Jax. Seems they are starting to hit the stores more frequently.

My TRU started the day with 42 Wii's. We sold maybe 24 today. Only 5 or 6 were resellers and not the usuals my store sees everytime we get them in. Not to many people coming into my store looking for them at all. We might not even go through all our presells also.

I have to hold out for price drops. Does anyone think we'll be seeing lower numbers very soon now that inventory is picking up?

[quote name='mntwins']Is there anyone that knows the minimum amount Target stores should have on 4/27 for the Wii system? The Target ad post for 4/27 on the DVD Forums thread states Limited Quantities.[/quote]

Amounts being reported back to me seem to average between 15 - 20 units per store.

[quote name='speedy1961']Amounts being reported back to me seem to average between 15 - 20 units per store.[/quote]

Speedy,

Does it actually say Quantities Limited next to the Wii advertisement? I can't remember seeing it say that in the Target ad in the past. I'm hoping to pick one up from there this Sunday. I wasn't able to make it the other time that Target posted it in their ad.

[quote name='Mayflower']I have to hold out for price drops. Does anyone think we'll be seeing lower numbers very soon now that inventory is picking up?[/QUOTE]

Not a chance anytime soon. Why would they drop the price when they have been selling like hotcakes. It's already at a good price.

[quote name='mntwins']Speedy,

Does it actually say Quantities Limited next to the Wii advertisement? I can't remember seeing it say that in the Target ad in the past. I'm hoping to pick one up from there this Sunday. I wasn't able to make it the other time that Target posted it in their ad.[/quote]

Yes.... it does.

Circuit City and Best Buy will also have those Wii units for the same timeframe.

[quote name='Mayflower']I have to hold out for price drops.[/quote]
I know this is CAG and all, but are you kidding me?

If you're waiting for a price drop on the Wii you could be waiting a very long time.

[quote name='zalman']I know this is CAG and all, but are you kidding me?

If you're waiting for a price drop on the Wii you could be waiting a very long time.[/QUOTE]
yeah...I agree with that as well-why would they want to even remotely think of dropping prices-it's not a matter of having more stock-we should actually say relatively more stock. If that were the case, the ps3s and xbox360 should've their price dropped to the 100s. My guess is that they'll be dropping the price at the very earliest during the black friday event next year, and I'd guess that they'll have a decent level of stock during the BF this year.

Actually I have question; what are the chances of the Wii being on Amazon tomorrow? I mean It appeared om Wednesday for 2 weeks in a row now so... what do you guys think?

[quote name='Warner1281']All Blockbusters will be getting 2-3 of them in sometime in the next 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to bring attention to this. I went in to my local Blockbuster today and they still had 2 available. Until about 2 weeks ago they had NO games/accessories/systems for sale but they just expanded all of that stuff and have the Wiis along with controllers and games - even the component cables and Wii Zapper.

In any case, it seems Wiis are getting pretty easy to find now, though I hadn't seen one for several months myself until today.

Wii bundle at Circuit City

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=205269&WT.mc_n=782003&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=AFFILIATE%20MARKETING&cm_cat=PERFORMICS&cm_pla=AFFILIATE%20WEEKLY%20NEWSLETT->VIDEO%20GAME%20HARDWARE&cm_ite=275475%20WII%20ALERTS%20BYOL&cm_keycode=782003

sry about the format (don't know how to embed links)

YMMV on selling the games back, but all in all its one of the best bundles

Play N Trade in Yonkers, NY has 10 in stock right now. If you are in this area check them out they are an awesome store and have some rare games too. Way better than Gamestop. They have everything even a Sega Saturn and games for it.'

1950 Central Ave.
Yonkers, NY 10710
914-358-4900

yeah, they are getting really easy to find by me and im in the NW burbs of chicago. just went to two diff gamestops and both had about 3 or 4. Also saw about 5 at costco and 2 at best buy.

It's amazing how people actually buy those bundles. $550 for a Wii, an extra controller and nunchuck, usually 4 games (1 of them usually Wii play which comes with another controller), and of course a sewing kit for the new hole in your wallet. Damned fools. But I guess if your kid really, really wants one...

[quote name='thePhildown']It's amazing how people actually buy those bundles. $550 for a Wii, an extra controller and nunchuck, usually 4 games (1 of them usually Wii play which comes with another controller), and of course a sewing kit for the new hole in your wallet. Damned fools. But I guess if your kid really, really wants one...[/quote]

If you do go for the CC bundle you can return the extra items in store and get a refund. That's what we did with the bundle they offered over Valentine's Day

Just got back from Best Buy at Lincoln Square off of Cooper. They had 3 Wiis in stock. I picked one up. That was around 5:30.

If anyone in NYC needs a Wii, I am willing to sell each one for $5-10 more than retail, that's it. I have 6 Wiis left. Please pm me if anything.

hey guys i just got my kmart ad for this week coming up and they also have wiis listed for sunday. At this rate, everyone that is looking for one sunday should have a good chance of gettin their hands on one

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']4/27 walmart will have them in limited stock.[/quote]

As opposed to unlimited stock? *chuckle*

(just teasin)

bread's done
Back