Need about 200-300 jewel cases.

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
I got my 3rd locker finally up and have it somewhat filled.
(Actually, the wife put it up. I'm close to inept when it comes to tools that and I have little patience and would likely just damge the lockers by hammering pieces in).

What I need for the two-three spindles of loose cds that you can see here is about 200 or so jewel cases before I can properly file them away.

I usually only see them at places like Target or Wally Mart for $9.99 for 50. Anyone know where I could pick up something a lot cheaper?

Gracias.

Monoprice i think has cases. if you have a local Fry's Electronics or Microcenter those could hook you up as well.

My question is why bother. At that many loose CDs why put them in jewel cases. Wouldn't it be more prudent to buy a few (or a bunch of) say 500 CD books. It's not like you have liner notes for any of these. might as well put them in giant wallets. That'd save a ton of space while keeping them orderly. You can even have separate wallets based on what they are. I don't have big wallets yet but I have a bunch of small ones. One for music, one for videos, one for Data backups.

[quote name='Sporadic']Jewel cases suck and take up way too much space.

Just get some cheap paper sleeves.

These are the brand I use and they are only $6.80 for 100 from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EUFJXE[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did a couple of years ago when I had to move into a teeny-tiney place. You'd be shocked at how much space you save. SHOCKED.

If you absolutely need to have cases, try slimmer jewel cases. I wouldn't go with slim DVD cases because they take up that extra vertical space. Slim CD jewel cases should do the trick, though.

Oh I was going to use slim jewel cases. Not the big fat kind of course.

All the others are already in slim jewel cases already. Putting the others in paper seems like a good idea, but I want them to be able to stand up straight on the shelves.

And having some in paper and and some in the slim jewel cases just sort of upsets my sensibilities. It feels off....

another push for wallets. per CD storage cost insanely cheaper. where are you anyway? was gonna check out Microcenter prices for you but i dunno which location to search

[quote name='eldergamer']Oh I was going to use slim jewel cases. Not the big fat kind of course.

All the others are already in slim jewel cases already. Putting the others in paper seems like a good idea, but I want them to be able to stand up straight on the shelves.

And having some in paper and and some in the slim jewel cases just sort of upsets my sensibilities. It feels off....[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you're going for a nice display, the paper ain't pretty. Mine are hidden away in little black boxes from Ikea. I've ripped them all to the computer though, so no need to have them out anymore.

[quote name='Wolfkin']another push for wallets. per CD storage cost insanely cheaper. where are you anyway? was gonna check out Microcenter prices for you but i dunno which location to search[/QUOTE]

But I don't need the wallets. The lockers are already up. I just need slim jewel cases to put the CDs that are loose on spindles in order to fill up the third empty locker.

see:

i think i see our disconnect. hard to tell with those pictures. are you saying the locker is a CD storage unit designed to fit Jewel cases?

!@#$ i literally just threw out about 40 cases i would of sold them dirt cheap (kicking myself in the ass)

[quote name='Wolfkin']i think i see our disconnect. hard to tell with those pictures. are you saying the locker is a CD storage unit designed to fit Jewel cases?[/QUOTE]

Bingo. And the little squares in the pictures are where you display the CD 'art'. They were only $60 at Ikea and each one holds about 300 jewel cases cds.

They also have locks with a key for keeping little hands out if you have kids. Which only works up to a certain age.

bread's done
Back