Need advice about breaking up 129 PS1 lot for ebay.

jputahraptor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Hey all, i've decided against selling these games as one giant lot on ebay and will probably end up with what i have below. I'd appreicate if anyone can look at how I did and tell me what is good and bad. I've listed conditions next to the game, if it has nothing next to it, then it's complete and non-GH. I will include pictures and all when it's one ebay but would appreaciate any help in determining starting and BIN amounts. Also will offer group discount on ebay and I will keep shipping as low as possible, $5 for any lot over 2 games, $3 for 2 or less, half for each additional lot.

Not looking to sell them right now but if somebody makes me a good enough offer then I will sell it to you, don't ask me how much for any one game because I won't break them up right now nor will I name a price for a game or lot below.

Lot 1
Resident Evil 1 DC GH
2 GH
Survivor

Lot 2
Tomb Raider 1 GH
2 GH
4 GH
Chronicles

Lot 3
Twisted Metal 1, 3, 4 all GH

Lot 4
Medal of Honor 1 and 2

Lot 5
Syphon Filter 1, 2, 3

Lot 6
TLW Jurassic Park SE Gh
Warpath JP

Lot 7
Rainbow 6 GH
Lone Wolf
Rouge Spear

Lot 8
Contra Legacy of War
C the Contra Adventure

Lot 9
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Blood Omen

Lot 10
Castlevania Chronicles

Lot 11
Alien Trilogy GH
Alien Resurrection

Lot 12
Mortal Kombat Mythologies no manual
MK Special Forces

Lot 13
Judge Dredd
Time Crisis, Time Crisis Project Titan

Lot 14
Pandemonium 1, 2

Lot 15
Alundra 2
Parasite Eve 1, 2

Lot 16
Spyro Trilogy with collector case

Lot 17
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Warped GH

Lot 18
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid VR Mission
Largo Winch

Lot 19
Cool Boarders 1, 2, 3

Lot 20
Die Hard Trilogy GH
DHT 2

Lot 21
Silent Hill GH
Alone in the Dark 2, Alone in the Dark New Nightmare

Lot 22
Tenchu 1, 2

Lot 23
Mega Man X4, X5, X6,
Mega Man 8

Lot 24
Dino Crisis 1, 2

Lot 25
Driver 1, 2

Lot 26
James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies
TWINE
007 Racing

Lot 27
Dukes of Hazzard GH
San Fran Rush
Italian Job

Lot 28
Tony Hawk 1, 2
Thrasher Skate and Destroy
Dave Mirra Freestlye BMX

Lot 29
Assault Retribution----Disc Only
Apocalypse
Crusader No remorse
Project Overkill

Lot 30
GTA
Medievil
40 Winks
Gaultet Legends
Krazy Ivan---Disc Only

Lot 31
Independence Day
Top Gun---Disc Only
Future Cop LAPD
Nuclear Strike
Vigilante 8 GH
Starfighter Sanvein

Lot 32
Powerslave
MIB: Crashdown
Kileak---Disc Only
Disruptor

Lot 33
Mummy
Blaster Master
Hulk---Disc Only
Small Soldiers

Lot 34
Perfect Weapon
Fighting Force 1 GH

Lot 35
Tai Fu: WOTT
Shadow Man
TIme Commando
Fifth Element
Pitfall 3D

Lot 36
Spider---Disc Only
One
Reloaded
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol

Lot 37
RoboTron X
Deathtrap Dungeon
Martain Gothic
Tecmo's Deception

Lot 38
Covert Ops
Overblood
In Cold Blood
Fear Effect

Lot 39
Riven
Planet of the Apes
Divide: Enemies Within
Fade to Black

Lot 40
MDK
Ninja---Disc Only
C-12 Final Resistance
Spec Ops Airborn Commando

Lot 41
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
Phantom Menance
Rebel Assault 2
Dark Forces

To many lots?

You can never have too many lots, it's just that it might be better to sell each of them separately, and then the ones that don't sell group together for a new auction.

There are a few simple rules to keep in mind when selling in lots:

1. Group like games together.
2. Sell rarer games individually.
3. Keep lot sizes moderate - shipping kills the deal on lots that are too small, yet bulk lots tend to bring in less profit per game.

You're doing a good job with Rule 1, but make sure you single out the games that can sell on their own and try to make lots of 8-20 games wherever possible. If I were you, I would keep lots 1, 2, 5, 8, 10, and 23 intact, break up lot 15 into three separate lots, make lot 13 just a Time Crisis lot, make lot 18 just an MGS lot, and then just start combining all the other lots so that you end up with about a dozen games in each lot. With your combined shipping, though, you could even do slightly smaller lots, but I wouldn't go much less than 10 games per lot.

Thanks for the tips so far, keep them coming. I was trying to make a lot of smaller lots grouped by themes, FPS, RPG etc. mainly because I have a few games without manuals or cases and a few sucky ones. If i sell them individually I might not sell quite a few of them.

Also does anyone know what is a good price to start with or if BIN is a good idea. I spent by my calculation about $1000 to $1200 on all these and I'd like to get at least $800 after fees, does anyone think i can get that on ebay?

Chances are you would be better off selling the games individually. Take the time to search out recent closing prices on these games. This will give you a better idea of what you will most likely get. Good luck, and I'll echo Scahom1 and say that $800 is too high of an expectation.

I like doing BINs, but it's more work. I've sold the same game with a normal auction starting at a penny and ended up with just 50% of what I've sold it with a BIN. Drawbacks are that you have to do a lot more research to pick a good price and not everything will sell if you go for juicy BIN prices.

But if you list everything at a penny and do that entire massive list of games at the same time you should get some nice cross-interest and that will really help your number of bids I'd bet. The shipping discount will also help with that. OTOH some of them could end up selling for just the penny starting bid, so if you absolutely can't stomach that you shouldn't go that route.

[quote name='Quackzilla']You won't sell as much, and you won't make nearly as much if you put them in lots (as opposed to individual sales).[/QUOTE]Ditto. You'll get more money if you put each game individually at 99 cents. Later, if some don't sell, you can group them together.

Plus, you'll have a ton of "free relists" that you can use for other games.

troy

At $800 you'll need to clear $20 for each lot and obviously most of those lots won't touch that figure. I would say most will top out between $8-12. I priced them out with what I thought they'd go for after having an eBay store and doing the same thing, I think I have a fair gauge on the general eBay buyers market.

Make sure you play up the descriptions and post your own pictures, as well as take a few seconds and type up your thoughts on the game.

And that is IF they sell, there's an enormous chance with the under-whelming nature of the lots that they not even sell. I'm saying if they do, they will likely sell in this range. Added up, I come up with $468, before fees and shipping. I'm sure this will start a "There's no way he'll get $XX for lot #YY, but oh well. You never know how eBay will react. I cleared $400 on a square/enix lot once so cross your fingers and hope for the best. Let the flaming begin.

Lot 1 - 18
Lot 2 - 12
Lot 3 - 15
Lot 4 - 5
Lot 5 - 8
Lot 6 - 8
Lot 7 - 10
Lot 8 - 7
Lot 9 - 10
Lot 10 - 30
Lot 11 - 8
Lot 12 - 7
Lot 13 - 50 (guns?)
Lot 14 - 10
Lot 15 - 20
Lot 16 - 15
Lot 17 - 7
Lot 18 - 10
Lot 19 - 5
Lot 20 - 6
Lot 21 - 10
Lot 22 - 12
Lot 23 - 20
Lot 24 - 5
Lot 25 - 5
Lot 26 - 10
Lot 27 - 10
Lot 28 - 7
Lot 29 - 9
Lot 30 - 14
Lot 31 - 8
Lot 32 - 6
Lot 33 - 5
Lot 34 - 12
Lot 35 - 9
Lot 36 - 7
Lot 37 - 16
Lot 38 - 12
Lot 39 - 13
Lot 40 - 9
Lot 41 - 17

Nice job on the blow by blow estimate. I think you lowballed a couple of the lots, but that's ok. It's better to know the worst case scenario.

Agreed on not being able to hit $800 total though. Throwing lesser titles into a lot won't increase the value of a lot, it will just get lesser titles out of the way (where it wouldn't be worth it to sell them on their own). Also all the RPGs should be sold seperately (specifically Lot 15).

[quote name='Quackzilla']You won't sell as much, and you won't make nearly as much if you put them in lots (as opposed to individual sales).[/QUOTE]Ditto. You'll get more money if you put each game individually at 99 cents. Most will sell at $4-5 final price or ~$600 total.

Later, if some don't sell, you can group those less popular games into lots. Plus, you'll have a ton of "free relists" that you can use for other games/books/whatever.

troy

bread's done
Back