Need Advice about this eBay Auction

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']
No feedback or history and this guy has 10 of them. Too good to be true? I was tempted, but I'm not much of an eBay buyer to know the ins and outs.[/QUOTE]
No feedback. Stock photo. Selling numerous high-ticket items.

I personally wouldn't take the chance.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']No feedback. Stock photo. Selling numerous high-ticket items.

I personally wouldn't take the chance.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I would make a lowball offer (like $250 or so) and see if they accept... I don't know if there is a way to make an offer and not pay, but it would be a great way to weed the person out. It just seems like Slammed said... I wouldn't buy it.

Here is my guess at what would happen if you won the auction. The seller will contact you and give you some BS story to try and entice you to go ahead and leave feedback. Reason is Paypal won't release funds, because he is new, until either one of the following happens: 1. positive feedback left, or 2. 45 days have passed without a dispute.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']No feedback. Stock photo. Selling numerous high-ticket items.

I personally wouldn't take the chance.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Who excactly would open up shop and have that many OOP system bundles, and nothing else, available? Your piece of mind is worth the extra money.

This seller is absolutely 100% full of ballspit. Checking on his other auctions, I noticed in the RE5 360 bundle someone asked hiim "what are the 5 games you get?" he responded with this:

"The games you get are Halo 3 ODST, Red Dead Redemption, Prototype, Gears of War 2, and Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition. If you buy and pay today or within the next 24 hours only you will get another game free called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

There's no doubt in my mind that this guy is a scammer, I'm watching his auction to see what happens to his feedback/account in 3 weeks from now.

Stay far, far away.

Don't do it.

This is what happens when people create a PayPal account, ignore it for a year and some guy/gal ends up hacking it and getting that PayPal debit card. They create an eBay account, start a crap ton of auctions, get the money from the card instantly and leave the mess for the actual owner of the PayPal account to sort out later. Bleh.

I made the mistake of lowballing this auction and being accepted! I think I'm going to send eBay a nice little email. I'm not paying for the headache of having to get back my money a few weeks from now. I don't know why I bother with eBay.

Interesting note though... I googled the guy's name and he comes up as a sex offender from the same county and state!

Seller Information: robert witenhafer

rockledge, FL 32955 United States

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I made the mistake of lowballing this auction and being accepted! I think I'm going to send eBay a nice little email. I'm not paying for the headache of having to get back my money a few weeks from now. I don't know why I bother with eBay.

Interesting note though... I googled the guy's name and he comes up as a sex offender from the same county and state!

rockledge, FL 32955 United States[/QUOTE]

Woah! That's pretty screwed up man... How much did you offer?

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I made the mistake of lowballing this auction and being accepted! I think I'm going to send eBay a nice little email. I'm not paying for the headache of having to get back my money a few weeks from now. I don't know why I bother with eBay.

rockledge, FL 32955 United States[/QUOTE]
That's very interesting. eBay is good, but only for the occasional low-balling oppertunity. I've seen copies of Chrono Trigger with no reserve sell for 0.99 cents.

It can be a fun experience, bidding at eBay. Just, a shit ton of scammers. That's why I prefer Amazon for any sort of Buy-Now stuff.

Check out the information they put down for the Uncharted 160gb bundle they're selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-160-GB-Unch...d=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c13c94027

Buy from us and get 5 additonal games FREE, this PS2 system and all video game systems you bu from us include 1 year warrenty from time of your purchase.

So wait, are they selling a PS2 or a PS3?:lol: I don't even think they know. But looking at all of their items for sale they have alot of suckers on the hook apparently.:roll:

Hopefully this works out for you but I wouldn't get too excited. All of the bundles he is selling have been unavailable for several years, I would ask where he is getting them.

SCAM SCAM SCAM BAD TRADER THEIF!! This guy has been doing this forever please contact the brevard county sheriff department! $Anything over $300 Dollars in Florida Is a Felony Lets Put this guy away!

gametz Username ironman82 Bad Trader

The numbers below are for the Brevard County Sheriff's office. You worked hard for your money. Take the time make a complaint, get justice for yourself and others.

Non-Emergency Calls For Service - Central Area 321-633-7162
Non-Emergency Calls For Service - North Area 321-264-5100
Non-Emergency Calls For Service - South Area 321-952-6371
Non-Emergency Calls For Service - 772 Area Code 772-663-6269

If you purchased your money order through The United States Postal Service. Report it stolen and contact your local post office to get a Federal Mail Inspector to investigate this crime.

AKA Robert Bradley Witenhafer or Robert Bradley Hamilton
Reported By: HelpingHands
Username: ironman82
Aliases: Robert Bradley Witenhafer Hamilton Bradley Brickwall witenhafer
Email: [email protected]
Emails: [email protected]
Address: 848 Levitt PKWY, Rockledge, FL 32955

Last edited by a moderator:
I called and Talked to the Brevard County Sheriff office today 12:13 PM.
They need a victim to come forward to be able to start an investigation. PLEASE if you got scammed come forward and nail this guy hes been stealing for far too long.

Non Emergency Brevard County Sheriff Central number Dial 0 ask to report a cyber crime.
321-633-7162

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Check out the information they put down for the Uncharted 160gb bundle they're selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-160-GB-Unch...d=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c13c94027

So wait, are they selling a PS2 or a PS3?:lol: I don't even think they know. But looking at all of their items for sale they have alot of suckers on the hook apparently.:roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL thanks Cheapest, apparently I'm one of those suckers for biting on his 40gb bundle. :wall: You live and you learn. I won't be making any payments to him, hopefully he doesn't turn around and leave me some negative feedback. This is the reason I only shop between Newegg and Amazon.

I've been having some really bad luck with eBay lately. I had to open a case on a powerseller of more than 1800+ feedback because he doesn't respond to messages, hasn't provided me a tracking number and it's been more then two weeks since my item was "shipped".

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']
I've been having some really bad luck with eBay lately. I had to open a case on a powerseller of more than 1800+ feedback because he doesn't respond to messages, hasn't provided me a tracking number and it's been more then two weeks since my item was "shipped".[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are sending the messages directly to the seller's eBay messages and not to their actual email (you'll know if you've been sending the messages through eBay). I know that I always wind up overlooking messages sent to my regular email and that results in some angry customers thinking I'm ignoring them (when I'm not).

Anyways, just an FYI sellers can't leave negatives anymore. The worst thing this scammer can do is slap you with a non-paying bidder warning (which won't happen because he'll likely be banned from eBay before he can do that).

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']LOL thanks Cheapest, apparently I'm one of those suckers for biting on his 40gb bundle. :wall: You live and you learn. I won't be making any payments to him, hopefully he doesn't turn around and leave me some negative feedback. This is the reason I only shop between Newegg and Amazon.

I've been having some really bad luck with eBay lately. I had to open a case on a powerseller of more than 1800+ feedback because he doesn't respond to messages, hasn't provided me a tracking number and it's been more then two weeks since my item was "shipped".[/QUOTE]

Wait...so even after everyone in here told you this dudes a scammer, you went ahead and bought a PS3 from him anyways?

:wall:

Ebay Seller: gameingempireusa should be removed from Ebay within 48 hours.

I have submitted all evidence on this user directly to an Ebay live agent, thank you all for your responses.

[quote name='SEH']Wait...so even after everyone in here told you this dudes a scammer, you went ahead and bought a PS3 from him anyways?

:wall:[/QUOTE]

I placed a lowball bid on the auction after I created this thread...I wasn't expecting it to be accepted but it was. Not exactly a smart move on my part but what's done is done. I'm staying away from eBay altogether.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I placed a lowball bid on the auction after I created this thread...I wasn't expecting it to be accepted but it was. Not exactly a smart move on my part but what's done is done. I'm staying away from eBay altogether.[/QUOTE]

One scammer is not a reason to write off eBay as a whole. There are plenty of legitimate sellers on there and lots of great deals to be had.

[quote name='Doomstink']One scammer is not a reason to write off eBay as a whole. There are plenty of legitimate sellers on there and lots of great deals to be had.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, this isn't the first rotten apple I've dealt with on eBay and most sellers, with the exception of this one, were all powersellers. I'm sure there are a lot of deals and great sellers, but the only online-shopping problems I've ever encountered came from eBay specifically. Again, it's probably my bad luck coupled with my lack of judgement.

Got the eBay email today that this character's auctions were cancelled. Never sent the payment so no need to hit up the resolution center.

bread's done
Back