Need advice for possible purchase/investment

Frank784

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (75%)
On craigslist there's someone in my area selling games for NES and N64. For the lot he wants $95. Is this something I should try to make an offer on and how much should i offer? This is really my first time trying to get back into playing older games and most of these remind me of the fun I had when I was young. Here is the list.

No mention about cases or really specific condition either.

N64

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
Buck Bumble
Charlie Blast's Territory
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
F-Zero X
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (grey cart, not gold)
Lode Runner 3D
Madden '99
Mischief Makers
Perfect Dark
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Space Station: Silicon Valley
Tetrisphere
Winback
Yoshi's Story

NES

Adventure Island 3
Baseball Stars
Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure
Blades of Steel
Break Time
Double Dribble
Dragon Warrior III
Galaga (x2)
George Foreman's KO Boxing
Golf - Challenge Pebble Beach
Gotcha!
Gyromite
Jak Nicklaus - Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf
John Elway's Quarterback
Klax
Marble Madness
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Metroid
Milon's Secret Castle
NES Play Action Football (x2)
Pictionary
Pinball
Rad Racer II
R.B.I. Baseball (badly damaged label)
R.B.I. Baseball (x2, pristine label)
The Simpsons - Bart Vs. Space Mutants
Skate or Die 2
StarTropics
Super Jeopardy
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (x2)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (x2)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo NBA Basketball
Tetris
WCW - World Championship Wrestling
Wheel of Fortune
Wood & Water Rage .

I appreciate you guys taking the time to look.

-Frank

You're looking at about $300 in Ebay value for those games if you turned around and sold them right after you bought them. $95 is a decent price...less than $1.50 a game. I'd buy them for that price...the Mega Man set is probably the highest value of the lot.

That said, I'd probably offer $50 and try to get him to meet me in the middle at $75, which would be around $1 a game (including doubles).

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about offering something a bit lower and ending up at $75. I was quite surprised to see the whole MegaMan collection. Turning around and selling is something I may do in the future, but honestly playing these classics is a bit exciting to me. What would make the 64 group sweeter would be Mario Kart, but there are already plenty to play with.
Thanks again for the response.

-Frank

[quote name='Rictor']You're looking at about $300 in Ebay value for those games if you turned around and sold them right after you bought them. $95 is a decent price...less than $1.50 a game. I'd buy them for that price...the Mega Man set is probably the highest value of the lot.

That said, I'd probably offer $50 and try to get him to meet me in the middle at $75, which would be around $1 a game (including doubles).[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're looking at $300 on ebay just because most of the N64 games are common; same as the NES Games. Not to menion ebay fees, shipping, etc. In reality, if you do pay $95 and sell all on ebay I'd expect you to walk away wih $100-$120 or so in profit.

Assuming they're all in decent condition, I'd probably just pay the $95 and be done with that, there's a lot of good times to be had in that lot

If you have to pay the $95 do so but I would try to talk him down 50 - 60. would be a good price. Try and put a positive on your offer - like tell the guy "I'll give you $60 and can bring the cash today" regardless you can turn a few of the key games on ebay to recoup your cost.

This would be the minimum profits on these games alone

Mega man 1-6 sell in a lot - $45
SMB 1-3 sell in a lot - $20
Dragon Warrior 3 - $15
Goldeneye - $7
Conker - $8

That's your $95 right there give or take a few bucks. So you'll invest a little time and come out of the deal with an amazing balance of gaming goodness

[quote name='gizmogc']I don't think you're looking at $300 on ebay just because most of the N64 games are common; same as the NES Games. Not to menion ebay fees, shipping, etc. In reality, if you do pay $95 and sell all on ebay I'd expect you to walk away wih $100-$120 or so in profit.[/quote]

Mega Man 1-6 go for $100 on Ebay as a set by themselves. There's another 75 games on the list. I've sold a lot of vintage game lots on Ebay and if you don't average $3 a game, you're doing something wrong. You also need to set your shipping fees high enough to cover most of the Ebay/Paypal fees. But if you sell the games in large lots, the fees aren't that bad anyway.

Here's a Mega Man 1-6 auction that ended today with buy-it-now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-Nintendo-COMPLETE-MEGAMAN-SET-MEGA-MAN-1-2-3-4-5-6_W0QQitemZ110039242627QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$120+16.29 for shipping. If I was going to sell those games, I'd list them just like that guy did.

There's another guy on Ebay that's sold a couple sets...he puts them on for $90+shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEGA-MAN-Collection-1-2-3-4-5-6-NES-Megaman-games-100_W0QQitemZ220032874370QQihZ012QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What's funny is that a lot of these guys making good money on these Ebay lots actually buy most of their stock on Ebay from sellers that don't know what they're doing, give bad descriptions, put stuff in the wrong category, or simply list items so they end on slow Ebay days (don't end an auction in the middle of the week and definitely don't end it in the middle of the night). Personally, I always get on Ebay on national holidays and buy stuff for a steal that people were dumb enough to list 7 days before without realizing their auction was going to end on a major holiday when no one is home or online. You can make a few thousand bucks on Christmas alone if you know what you're doing. I mostly buy vintage comic books on holidays because there's usually a very small crowd of people bidding on those anyway. The holiday crowd is so small it minimizes the odds of a bidding war and make sniping really easy. Buy a few thousand dollar comics for half their normal Ebay value and then pop them back on Ebay after the holidays. Easier than playing the stock market.

bread's done
Back