Need advice on a local trade. My Ps3 for xbox 360+cash

martinG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I have a mint 250gb ps3 (was originally a fully bc 60gb) with a dualshock 3 controller and mw2. My friend wants to trade his xbox 360 with a 60gb hdd, 2 mem cards, L4D2, MW2, ufc, asassasins creed, halo 3, and some other games, 2 controllers and $200 cash (in $50 payments every week) i love my ps3 and it sounds like a good deal but i just want to get some advice. Plz post wit any help.

Unless the BC is REALLY, and I mean REALLY, important to you, you would be insane not to, IMO. Not really understanding his motivation when he could just buy a PS3 for $100 more. How good of a friend is this? I'd make sure that the 360 actually works first. If there is honestly nothing wrong with it, he's either nuts or stupid, or just REALLY wants a BC PS3. If you do the trade, you can go get a PS3 slim for $100 more, and the only things you're out are the game (which you'll have on the better system) and a larger HD, which is easy to replace.

I'd find out the motivation for such a trade. It is probably the BC which is weird but if that his motivation then I'd do the trade. Unless he offered the 360 and games first but you haggled for the money too. I've done a lot of weird deals like this with people at school because they get these weird motivations and won't settle for anything less.

Don't do it unless you are willing to lose a friend over this deal, because these are the kinds of things that break up friendships. If that does not matter to you then I just warn you, if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is...

Even if you don't heed my warning you better not do the 50$ a week. Get it upfront cash have him borrow from someone else if you have to. If not we will end up seeing this play out on Judge Judy.

Got to agree with ImLuhkee. NEVER do business with friends. EVER.

Besides, that, don't do it. I just had ANOTHER 360 red ring on me about 20 minutes ago. And while 60GB PS3s are pretty prone to faults, 360s are much worse. Chances are, the PS3 will last a lot longer.

Look at the offer, the 360 needs all that and more to equal the PS3. I would avoid it. Of course if the idea is he wants a BC PS3 you could easily trade all the 360 garbage then take the $200+ and get a new PS3 for yourself.

i'd do it, it seems like an awesome deal, first though make sure the 360 has hdmi, that way at least you know you've got a year or two of ms warranty and ask him honestly if there has ever been any issues, second just tell your friend to wait a couple weeks and get all the cash in one slug. everyone knows mw2 is better on the 360 anyway. with the cash some of the games you don't want you could easily get 300 and then just go get a new slim. my two cents...

He bought the xbox from gamestop a few months ago like october or something for $250. It was a brand new pro 60gb bundle. He's a really good friend like my best friend. Thats the only reason why im letting him pay me every week (he gets paid every week like $50) i know the xbox works, i go to his house like every other day. I done many deals with him and nothing has changed. The xbox has hdmi. I will check if everything is good dou next time i go over, and will most likely do it since i know he has at least $100 on him and just going to ask him to pay me upfront and he might even take cash of his bank account even though his mom will get pissed. I rarely use the bc so i think getting a slim might just be the answer and is seriously an excellent xbox 360 bundle. I might just add a few games to kinda not feel like im ripping him off since i wont need them anymore.

It's a big mistake to downgrade from PS3 to 360, I still wonder why he wants to trade like that instead of getting a new PS3 himself.

62t is right, even if the 360 itself turns out to be worthless, you can turn around and spend the $200 cash on a brand new Arcade, and you'll still have the 60 GB HDD, all of the accessories, and $100+ in games. If the 360 is fine, you can get a new Slim for another $100 out of pocket and then you'll be rocking both systems.

It's a fantastic deal... for you. Be prepared for your friend to stop being so friendly once he comes to his senses and realizes that he got taken to the cleaners.

[quote name='DPsx7']360 sucks. You cannot deny the truth[/QUOTE]

That's your signature. Why are you even thinking of doing this deal if you dislike 360?

Don't trade unless your friend pays all $200 up front.

If you do trade then don't be surprised when your exfriend stops paying the $50 a week.

Ofcourse, I hope I am wrong about your friend if you do trade and take the $50 week promise.

its a good trade for you... ps3 is solid the 360 is more for gaming. Ive had both and just sold my 360 bundle today for $400. I prefer the ps3, blu rays and I dont play games much anymore, no more time since all these houses. If he doesnt pay break his legs, its pretty simple

bread's done
Back