Need advice on a used PS3

Terabyte7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
OK, at the store I work at, we didn't get enough 60 GB PS3's on launch day to fill our preorders, so several customers had to either take a 20 GB system instead, take a 20 GB system and return it for a 60 GB when we got them back in, or just wait for a 60 GB system. One of the customers was so irate that the store manager told him he coul take home the 20 GB system, open it up and play it, and then bring it back for the 60 GB system when they came back in, which he did. So to make a long story short, when he returned it, the 20 GB system got marked down to $350, and I bought it. I took it home and opened it up, and it had so much dust and lint on it that it looked like it had been left on the floor for 2 weeks, or was struck repeatedly with a down pillow. To top it all off, the guy that originally bought it didn't include the Talladega Nights Blue Ray movie or the charging cable for the controller. So now I'm trying to decide whether to keep it as s and try to replace the cable on my own, take it back and just wait for a new one, or post it on eBay and hope I can at least get my money back out of it. Any advice would be extremely helpful!

PS3 Controllers charge via a USB cable right? Like the same one that connects a PSP to a computer? If so, they are rather cheap (read $5 or under).

Part of it is just the whole it didn't look like it was cared for like a piece of high-end electronic equipment needs to be cared for thing. The missing pieces were just the icing on the cake.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']PS3 Controllers charge via a USB cable right? Like the same one that connects a PSP to a computer? If so, they are rather cheap (read $5 or under).[/quote]

The Controller cable is nothing special, I actually use it to connect my PSP to my PS3. The cables are "USB Mini-B" and can be found in radio shacks and other electronic stores for very cheap.

dude $350 is hella cheap!

That guy that returned it is an ass for getting over and not returning the extras but you are saving A LOT.

Talladega Nights is an average movie at best and like others said the usb cable is just a generic mini to regular usb cable.

I would be upset if the system was all scratched up, but the dust is natural.

Seriously, you are not gonna find another 20Gb for that cheap again.
If it makes you feel better, go out and buy the movie and a new usb cable and you would still be way ahead in terms of price.

and if you buy the movie separately you get the bonus footage removed from the one inside the ps3 box. (as well as the unrated version)

You got a great deal. The movie isn't that great, even for Blu-ray, and ANY USB cable with a mini-USB plug on one end should work for the controller.

cool so your store doesnt check to see whats all in the box when people return systems?

Whoever accepted this exchange/return is a moron.
At the very least they should of took out the missing peices from the new 60 gig box before the guy left.

Plain Stupid.

As for a 350ps3. you got a great deal. go buy a 5dollar usb and buy a good blue ray movie. not crappy talladega nights.

bread's done
Back