Need advice on Amazon videogame credits?

Rodster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys last year I received $40 in future videogaming credits from Amazon. I preordered Gran Turismo 5. The problem is i'm thinking of selling my PS3, it gets little to no use.

I emailed them asking to see if I could cancel that order and apply it to a new order NFS Hot Pursuit. They said no I would lose those credits if I cancel my order. OK so my GT5 order isn't cancelled.

Here's my question, once I get GT5 can I return it unopened back to Amazon for full credit? :bouncy:

This sucks because this is what I was trying to accomplish without receiving and sending back the game. And knowing Amazon they'll probably issue me a free UPS or USPS call tag to send it back for free. :booty:

This is why I love dealing with Amazon they take care of their customers. I was just trying to save them money sending out the game in the first place.

I am not 100% sure on this as I have never done this, but I don't think you will get the full amount refunded. The Video game credits from Amazon are kind of like automatic coupons. If you use a coupon for something at any other store and return the item, they will give you back the amount you paid minus the coupon amount. If it were Amazon credit and not promotional credit, it would be one thing. But the credits you used are promotional credits and expired, so I can't see them giving you the full amount.

Your best bet would be just getting the game and then reselling it for $40-$50 elsewhere. You will get $10 in future credit when getting GT5, so if you can trade it in to Amazon for $40 or sell it somewhere else for a similar price, you'll only end up losing $10 or so credit in the end.

@not2worried: That won't work. The credits are expired and if he cancels the order those credits will be gone forever.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I am not 100% sure on this as I have never done this, but I don't think you will get the full amount refunded. The Video game credits from Amazon are kind of like automatic coupons. If you use a coupon for something at any other store and return the item, they will give you back the amount you paid minus the coupon amount. If it were Amazon credit and not promotional credit, it would be one thing. But the credits you used are promotional credits and expired, so I can't see them giving you the full amount.

Your best bet would be just getting the game and then reselling it for $40-$50 elsewhere. You will get $10 in future credit when getting GT5, so if you can trade it in to Amazon for $40 or sell it somewhere else for a similar price, you'll only end up losing $10 or so credit in the end.

@not2worried: That won't work. The credits are expired and if he cancels the order those credits will be gone forever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that makes sense. I kick myself now because I got an email from Amazon about 6-8 months ago and said the same thing regarding this same order except they were going to make an exception and let me move my promotional credits towards another game. :bomb:

I still have that email. I wonder what are the chances they'll still let me move those credits towards another game? :bouncy:

bread's done
Back