Need advice on buyer not paying on ebay

lude21

CAG Newbie
Well, i just started selling on ebay, everything went well except for my Two Worlds 2 auction. Basically everyone else paid except for this guy who won my TW2 on 4/1.... so i looked at his feedback which is 3 and i noticed he bought TW2 from someone else for cheaper.

Obviously he's probably not gonna pay for mine. I could understand if the guys car broke down or something and he couldn't pay or whatever. I sent him a invoice yesterday with no response yet. My question is should i just cancel the transaction or open a unpaid item dispute? I'd like to leave him negative feedback and have it on his record since he knew what he was doing and didnt have a good excuse, let alone inform me what happened. At the same time tho, im thinking i should just cancel to be done with it. What should i do? If i file a unpaid item dispute, will he be able to leave me bad feedback? , although i did nothing wrong.

Like i said, i just started selling so i dont want this to make me look bad somehow. Any help is appreciated, thx.

Unfortunately, sellers cannot leave negative feedback and don't worry about him giving you any, if he hasn't paid for the item he can't.

As far as opening a dispute, I would contact him first and wait a couple of days for a response. One time I sold 2 things and a couple of days later both buyers informed me they couldn't pay. If you hear nothing after that you can open a dispute. I'm pretty sure Ebay will open one automatically within 4 days, then the buyer has 4 more days to pay. So you really don't need to do much if he doesn't respond.

Also keep in mind he might just be buying 2 of the same game, maybe for resale.

bread's done
Back