Need advice on external hard drive. Preferably 2TB or 3TB.

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello CAG, I am in the market to buy a new external hard drive or a laptop hard drive that I can make an external hard drive out of. I need it to be between 2TB - 3TB. I might be able to get away with 2.5TB. This is needed for college and home use. I am into picture and video editing along with animation and game design so the more room the better in my opinion. I want to back up both my laptop and desktop to the hard drive and that should take about 500GB total for both systems depending on if I backup my computer games and school programs. I also have some home movies (reunions and graduations) I would like to save along with a crap ton of game related videos from Halo and Call of Duty I would like to save as well. I also do computer repairs for friends and sometimes I have to save the stuff they want to keep and that can take up some room but I rarely do that because my friends have everything saved already.

But here is the fun part which I need help with. I need to find a decent hard drive as mentioned that wont break the bank. I have been looking on Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, New Egg, and Tiger Direct so far. I would just like to have some help and maybe be pointed in the right direction. So where can I get a hard drive that will suit my needs. Thanks in advance.

Mine is a 3TB Seagate USB 3.0 backup plus. Bought it towards the end of last year for $100 and it's been working just fine about half full, so far. I'd keep an eye on slickdeals or dealnews for good prices on hard drives.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely keep an eye out. That is actually a lot cheaper because I was thinking around $150 because that was the cheapest one I found so far but $100 is a good deal. That would be money well spent in my opinion considering what I do at college and home. Thanks.

bread's done
Back