Need advice on getting a capture card.

ppself

CAGiversary!
I am looking to get a capture card to capture games from my 360. So far my researching on the subject has led me to a few cards.

Blackmagic Intensity Pro or the shuttle model

The Haupagge HD PVR

And the Dazzle.

The first 2 are really pricey and i was trying not to spend more than a 100$ for sure on the card. the Dazzle is below that price range but i can't play 360 in HD with it. :(

So i was wondering if anybody had any other cards to recommend and maybe some sites to get cards on the cheap side. Places other than ebay, amazon, and newegg.

Yeah, but since the PS3 uses HDCP over HDMI, you can't record PS3 over HDMI, it has to be component. But component still allows 1080i, which is all my TV supports anyway. Also, the 360 doesn't use HDCP, so 360 over HDMI will work fine.

I wouldn't go with the reviews. This is by no means the greatest capture card ever, nor does it have the most features, but it definitely gets the job done, and I've had no problems with it.

I'm not to worried about capturing in HD, i just wanna make sure i can still play my games in 720p.

I think the Dazzle was the one card that had some issues that you had to play in SD on your 360 to capture.

Your input has been helpful though, i probably wouldn't have considered that card on Newegg from the reviews alone.

bread's done
Back