Need advice on which Blu-ray player I should keep?

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
This one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...deals&_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I got this one earlier in the day for $70.00 with no-tax and free shipping, it already in the process of being shipped since I am a Amazon Prime member so I cannot cancel the order.

Or this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insigni...tput/9386112.p?id=1218096447923&skuId=9386112

And my wife picked this one up around the same time for $106.00 after sales tax and also got a free copy of "Beetlejuice" on Blu-ray to go with it.

Now I know the Insignia has more features and offers the streaming but this player will be used in my bedroom so I dont think I will end up running a ethernet cable to it. Also most of the times it will be used to just upconvert standard DVD's. Now I am not 100% sure that I will never use the streaming feature but I know for at least the time being I will not be. So I guess my question ends up being is the Insignia that much better of a player than the Toshiba that it ends up being worth $36.00 more?

If this is for the bedroom, kind of as a secondary player, I'd probably keep the Toshiba for $70. The Insignia isn't that much better for $36 extra, especially if you have no use for the ethernet capability.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']If this is for the bedroom, kind of as a secondary player, I'd probably keep the Toshiba for $70. The Insignia isn't that much better for $36 extra, especially if you have no use for the ethernet capability.[/QUOTE]
The Toshi is the more expensive and it's their first ever BD player.

Toshi is a brand name and will probably have better support, which means more firmware upgrades - something BDs go through like water.

If it is just for the bedroom and not serious hometheater either will work, you can save some cash, but with the Toshi you get the brand, support and a prettier player. Plus if you want to move it into a bigger HT setup it should be okay.

If you have plans for that $36 and change keep the Insignia, otherwise go Toshi.

Yep, the Toshiba. Better brand, Insignia stuff is usually Garbage, and it was the cheaper of the two in your case by $36. No brainer.

Maybe the lack of ethernet could swing it the other way if was going to be a main player, but doesn't really matter for a bedroom player.

Speaking from experience here, i bought the insignia player a month ago for my bedroom as a backup blu ray player and the thing is junk as a blu ray player it was ok at best and as an upconvert player it was atrocious returned it within a day.

Keep the Toshiba... seriously. I've been through a bunch of Blu-ray player (due to upgrades) and the Insignia (although I'm not familiar with this specific model) sucks.

Keep the toshiba.

Also even it is says "procssing for shipping" or whatever if its shortly after being ordered you can still cancel your order with amazon but you have to call them up/
They are super fast wth PRIME but if u did want to cancel. Just call them before it ships.

bread's done
Back