Need advice: Ready to buy a new laptop, any suggestions?

EnronLackey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
Sup standup fellas and special ladies of CAG,

I just finish my probation period with my new job and now after I fell in comfortably into my financial security net, it is time for me to upgrade my laptop.

Currently I have the Dell E1705 Insprion laptop which is bought back in 2006 and was one of the premier laptops around. Till this day everything on my laptop is original and works great and just needed to add more ram to get that extra sweetness into it, but now it cant even run Star Wars MMORPG unless I have it toned all the way down which makes me sad that my awesome laptop just got, well, old.

So been seeing lots of Dell, AlienWare, Asus, HP, Sony, Toshiba, and Levono laptops but thats the thing, there are so many of them out there now unlike 6 years ago where the choices were a little sparse when it came to laptops. So Im seeking out recommendations at the moment.

What I need/want:

It must be a gaming / multimedia powerhouse laptop

Intel I7 2nd Series

17" or larger screen that features a 1920x1200 resolution or better

Great sound, in case I have to take it to my office in order to enjoy my movies

Future proof laptop, something that can support USB 3, Solid State HD, Active X 11 and so on

Dont care for 3D video but willing to look into it and dont care if its heavy

Cant wait to hear your suggestions and thanks in advance! ^_^

If you have to have something now, there's some decent deals out there on the HP dv7t Quad Edition and ENVY 17, with a 33% discount via code NBG3253.

The dv7t is also coming with free upgrades of 8GB of RAM and a BD-ROM/DVD-RW drive.

You're not going to get 1920 x 1200 screen resolution, you'll be getting 1920 x 1080, which is 1080p resolution.

dv7t Quad specs page:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s.../psg/notebooks/High_performance/dv7tqe_series

ENVY 17 specs page:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...odexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/ENVY/ENVY17_series

Also, Ivy Bridge, the 22nm die-shrink of Sandy Bridge is supposed to be hitting in the next couple/few months, so you might want to wait it out until then, if you have to have the latest and greatest. Ivy Bridge has native USB 3.0 support, though any laptop that currently have USB 3.0 has it via an add-in chip.

bread's done
Back