Need advise on how to wash a hockey jersey?

pinkofloydo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I bought an Ottawa Hasek jersey, which is excellant quality like the real thing. Please dont rage against me, Im a rangers fan, but Hasek is one of my favorite goalies. Anyway the fabric smells of bad like oil and I need to wash it. The problem is it has real patches on it, ottawa logo on both shoulders, Name, Number, etc. Did anyone have advise or experience, I dont want to ruin it, since I paid I lot for it. Thanks everyone! :bouncy:

i think u are supposed to wash it on delicates, wash it by itself, and hang dry, thats what I do with my Iverson jersey. There should be a tag on it for cleaning instructions

If the patches are sewn on, wash it on delicate, and hang dry immediately.

If it is glued, hand wash it and hang dry. The machine wash cycle tends to peel the logos off on glued jerseys.

Turn it inside out before putting it in on the delicate cycle. Use a small amount of detergent, I'd go with a liquid. Line dry. Seriously, do not let it NEAR a dryer.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Turn it inside out before putting it in on the delicate cycle. Use a small amount of detergent, I'd go with a liquid. Line dry. Seriously, do not let it NEAR a dryer.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of turning it inside out. Good call.

[quote name='pinkofloydo']I bought an Ottawa Hasek jersey[/quote]

Ok, now I'm jealous :lol: I usually wash my CCM Yzerman on the delicate, then hang dry like was already suggested.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Turn it inside out before putting it in on the delicate cycle. Use a small amount of detergent, I'd go with a liquid. Line dry. Seriously, do not let it NEAR a dryer.[/quote]

Bingo. If you want to keep it looking nice, this is what you do. Even better than line drying would be, space permiting, laying it out to dry.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Turn it inside out before putting it in on the delicate cycle. Use a small amount of detergent, I'd go with a liquid. Line dry. Seriously, do not let it NEAR a dryer.[/quote]
this is what i do with my sharks jersey, its still in great condition.

one time i got a little stain on it from eating chips (i think it was chips) so there was a some dust in the logo of the jersey. i washed it once, but it didnt come out. my girlfriend suggested i get a toothbrush and some liquid detergent and scrub, which i did. it worked great and the jersey once again looks like new. so just remember that next time you accidently get some dorito dust on there.

bread's done
Back