Need an opinion...

honzoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys,

First off - let me say, I am an xbox fanboy. No need to flame me though, it's out in the open.

Secondly, I currently own a Wii with 18 games. It is my "main source" for playing games.

I have a friend who's in a jam for some cash and is offering to sell me his (working) PS3 (60gig). I've been debating buying the HD add-on for the 360, but it's always been a toss up for me between spending nearly $200 on the add-on, or just buying the PS3 for somewhere around $300 - $400.

I can buy the 60gig from my bud for $200. My question is, is this really that great of a deal? There are some PS2 games I'd probably pick up (God of Wars, Final Fantasy(s), etc) but not really that many PS3 games I'd buy. It'd mostly be just a blu-ray player for me. Not to mention that buying it from him I'd be missing out on the free blu-ray deals

Thoughts? Opinions?

Any help would be great.

$200 is a steal. If you know it works and was well taken care of, jump all over it. You will find stuff you want to play eventually.
-G

What kind of games are you into? There might be games on the PS3 that you would like. $200 is a great deal assuming it works and has been taken care of as simplygriff said. Also, the PS3 is starting to take off so we should start to see more awesome games for it.

Sheeet, I'd even pay $300 for it.

It's good for a blu-ray player. And down the road, if not now, there'll be an exclusive or 2 you may want to pick up for it.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Sheeet, I'd even pay $300 for it.

It's good for a blu-ray player. And down the road, if not now, there'll be an exclusive or 2 you may want to pick up for it.[/quote]

QFE

If you have the money, theres really no reason to not get it unless you just want to be that smug fanboy on forums that says, "Yeah, well, the PS3 is so lame, I didn't even buy one for $200."

-PS1 games without emulation
-PS2 games without emulation
-PS3 games
-BluRay movies
-DivX support in the near future
-TVersity compatability lets you play just about anything

Yea, I'm a Sony fanboy. :p

bread's done
Back