Need best deal on SERENITY (Widescreen)

[quote name='tiredfornow']is this movie even good?[/QUOTE]

no you didn't just ask that question on a nerd board ...

[quote name='tiredfornow']is this movie even good?[/QUOTE]

I watched my HD-DVD version again this morning. That movie rocks, and I have never seen an episode of Firefly. It has special effects, cool one liners, AND actual characters.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I watched my HD-DVD version again this morning. That movie rocks, and I have never seen an episode of Firefly. It has special effects, cool one liners, AND actual characters.[/quote]
Get Firefly. It's better then Serenity.

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']yeah the movie's not quite as good as the movie

but the movie has some great special effects and a nice surround track[/quote]

yeeep. :bouncy:

I picked up Firefly last week from CC and watched it for the first time. I can't believe they cancelled it. What was the reasoning? Ratings? Shit, what a good show. Sci-fi western--what a combo.

"What'd y'all order a dead guy for?"

And yeah, $15 is fine, but heaven forbid I check to see if there is a better deal. How silly of me to do on a forum like this :roll:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I picked up Firefly last week from CC and watched it for the first time. I can't believe they cancelled it. What was the reasoning? Ratings? Shit, what a good show. Sci-fi western--what a combo.[/quote]

Bc Fox is an ass... the first aired the trainrobbing episode instead of the two part 'serenity' episode that introduced everyone. And still to this day people are pleading to bring it back, but fox wont do squat. If I won the lottery my first goal is to buy the firefly series from them and start making more.

I think Firefly was awesome, but should just be appreciated for what it was, rather than what people wish it could still be. You know what is worse than not having a completed project? Having a project that is rushed and disappointing. After all of the firefly "hype" that echoes on, I can't imagine a rebirth of the show could live up to it. It is possible that if brought back it could be amazing, but there is an equal chance for it to be lousy.

[quote name='Diiz']I think Firefly was awesome, but should just be appreciated for what it was, rather than what people wish it could still be. You know what is worse than not having a completed project? Having a project that is rushed and disappointing. After all of the firefly "hype" that echoes on, I can't imagine a rebirth of the show could live up to it. It is possible that if brought back it could be amazing, but there is an equal chance for it to be lousy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Keep turning people on to the DVDs but let it be. It would hard to meet expectations.

[quote name='Fallen7s']Bc Fox is an ass... the first aired the trainrobbing episode instead of the two part 'serenity' episode that introduced everyone. And still to this day people are pleading to bring it back, but fox wont do squat. If I won the lottery my first goal is to buy the firefly series from them and start making more.[/quote]I was wondering why the air dates were out of sequence. It seemed completely ass backwards of them to not at least show the Serenity episode first since it builds the characters and the story.

Hey man, I have a widescreen version of Serenity that I'm looking to unload (just got the HD version). Anything you want to trade for it? PM me.

You'll get a lot more out of it if you watch the TV show before the movie. Not to mention the series is a lot better than the movie, IMO.

[quote name='Legolas813']You'll get a lot more out of it if you watch the TV show before the movie. Not to mention the series is a lot better than the movie, IMO.[/quote]

I was just about to ask what order I needed to watch it in. I've got the set and the movie, and I've watched the train robbery episode.

The scene at the end, where he kicks the guy into the engine is epic. Loved it.

Watch the series, then watch the movie. It makes the movie so much better knowing the full backstory. Also, certain plot points in the movie will have MUCH more impact. At least, IMO- but I had already seen the series.

And while we're on the subject of Fox screwing the show: 2 of the episodes in the series box set were never even aired. :bomb:

"Man- we gotta go to the crappy town where I'M a hero!"

Wasn't Firefly aired on Friday nights? No serie does any good in ratings on fridays. I rather have a good show go down in memory, than continue with no real development. Not talking about Firefly though, it never had a chance to actually suck.

So is everything tied up in the movie, or are there still loose ends left? I'm only into episode 5 and already they've got intrigue that I hope they get answered.

[quote name='Stormy151']And while we're on the subject of Fox screwing the show: 2 of the episodes in the series box set were never even aired. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

3, according to the back of the DVD box.

Best deal on Serenity? Don't buy this piece of shit. Go watch the series again and pray to your god to strike joss wheadon down for producing this atrocity. I'd swear to god if it wasn't made my wheadon himself that whoever made this movie didn't even watch the series. EVERYTHING about it is wrong. Like Batman Forever wrong.

[quote name='mietha']Best deal on Serenity? Don't buy this piece of shit. Go watch the series again and pray to your god to strike joss wheadon down for producing this atrocity. I'd swear to god if it wasn't made my wheadon himself that whoever made this movie didn't even watch the series. EVERYTHING about it is wrong. Like Batman Forever wrong.[/QUOTE]

Different strokes I guess. I am a HUGE Whedon and Firefly fan and I thought Serenity was pretty much the best movie it could have possibly been given the situation.

A 2 hour movie can't compete with 14 hours of Firefly and it's not a fair comparison. Not to mention the balancing act of being true to the show at the same time as relaunching the franchise for people that have never seen Firefly.

I've probrably seen every Firefly episode a good 10 times each and and everything doesn't seem wrong to me. Tell me what's so wrong about it.

The only thing that seems somewhat inconsistent with the show's history is Simon's rescue of River and that was never fully explained in the pilot.

[quote name='Puzznic']Different strokes I guess. I am a HUGE Whedon and Firefly fan and I thought Serenity was pretty much the best movie it could have possibly been given the situation.

A 2 hour movie can't compete with 14 hours of Firefly and it's not a fair comparison. Not to mention the balancing act of being true to the show at the same time as relaunching the franchise for people that have never seen Firefly.

I've probrably seen every Firefly episode a good 10 times each and and everything doesn't seem wrong to me. Tell me what's so wrong about it.

The only thing that seems somewhat inconsistent with the show's history is Simon's rescue of River and that was never fully explained in the pilot.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the storyline for Serenity was originally supposed to encompass 2 seasons worth of material so it was even more material that 14 hours. Joss Whedon, unlike writers of many shows, *cough*Lost*cough* actually plans his stories out way in advance. That's the reason the plot for the movie meshed so well with the series but at the same time had a lot of material to cover.

[quote name='Thongsy']Wasn't Firefly aired on Friday nights? No serie does any good in ratings on fridays.[/QUOTE]
The X-Files

[quote name='Derwood43']I was just about to ask what order I needed to watch it in. I've got the set and the movie, and I've watched the train robbery episode.

The scene at the end, where he kicks the guy into the engine is epic. Loved it.
[/quote]

If you watch the dvds in order thats the real sequencing, but watch the firefly series before serenity.

I have a WS copy of Serenity I'm looking to get rid of, I bought a sweet import version that came with a tin so I no longer need it, plus I'm getting the HD-DVD of it.

I saw the movie before I saw the series....Needless to say, after watching the movie I bought the dvd set and loved every second

Fox wanted Firefly to fail. If they had shown the actual pilot first instead of the train episode I am sure a lot more people would have gotten into it, me included, I couldn't get into it when it was on Fox exactly for that reason, after borrowing the DVDs from a friend I got hooked and am sad it was canceled and lay the blame solely on the asshats that run Fox. Still hope for some continuation of the story but then again I'm also still hoping for another Buffyverse spin-off.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I have a WS copy of Serenity I'm looking to get rid of, I bought a sweet import version that came with a tin so I no longer need it, plus I'm getting the HD-DVD of it.[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be spoiled, the HD-DVD looks GORGEOUS.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Prepare to be spoiled, the HD-DVD looks GORGEOUS.[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that, the only reason I haven't purchased it yet is because I've heard from a few people that it isn't all that much better looking than the dvd version of it.

bread's done
Back