Need Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Blu-ray Deal

WormFOODx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I've been looking around and it seems that now that the holidays are over, blu prices on new releases are going back up. I haven't found Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Blu-ray for under $25.

I do plan on using the $3 coupon to drop the price some, but anyone know of any B&M that have it at $20 or less?

The best I will be able to do today is buy it at Borders with my weekly 33% off of one item coupon and use the $3 manufacturer's coupon that I found in the Blu-ray coupons thread.

$26 - Borders in store
$17 - after 33% off coupon
$14 - after mfg coupon

I'll give this a shot after work today.

And why wouldn't I find it on sale this week? The first week a DVD/Blu is out is usually the cheapest until it drops months after.

Because I've been keeping an eye on pretty much every store in my area for the best price, and the lowest has been the 24.99 or whatever. If you can find it cheaper, more power to ya, just saying that without multiple coupons, you probably won't find a cheaper base price.

[quote name='WormFOODx']And why wouldn't I find it on sale this week? The first week a DVD/Blu is out is usually the cheapest until it drops months after.[/QUOTE]

This was true about a month ago, but now all of the blus first week seem to be 19.99 to $24.99. I think it will be a while before they dip back down to the 16-18 dollar range first week.

[quote name='mediviper']This was true about a month ago, but now all of the blus first week seem to be 19.99 to $24.99. I think it will be a while before they dip back down to the 16-18 dollar range first week.[/QUOTE]

It was all Christmas season competition, I don't know why people were expecting it to be the new standard.

[quote name='opterasis']It was all Christmas season competition, I don't know why people were expecting it to be the new standard.[/QUOTE]

Because $19.99 had been pretty solid the new release price for more than a couple of months, that's why.

[quote name='WormFOODx']The best I will be able to do today is buy it at Borders with my weekly 33% off of one item coupon and use the $3 manufacturer's coupon that I found in the Blu-ray coupons thread.

$26 - Borders in store
$14 - after mfg coupon

I'll give this a shot after work today.[/QUOTE]

If the 33% off is from Borders Rewards, I just signed up on their web site, and tried to use the 33% off coupon. It stated that the 33% off was off the list price ($43.99!!!) , and that the 33% off coupon couldn't be combined with any other offer, including sale prices. I tried entering the coupon code anyway, but the checkout page said that the coupon wasn't eligible. Maybe it works differently in-store, but somehow I doubt that'll be the case.

Wow, you are getting way too defensive about this. Apparently that's why you want it so cheap, it's coming out of your allowance money. Calm down, and realize I was just trying to help in saying that it probably won't be less than 25 before coupons, and not to expect too many $20 or less new releases now that Christmas has passed. I seem to remember the less than $20 hoopla beginning around the beginning of October...

[quote name='WormFOODx']The best I will be able to do today is buy it at Borders with my weekly 33% off of one item coupon and use the $3 manufacturer's coupon that I found in the Blu-ray coupons thread.

$26 - Borders in store
$14 - after mfg coupon

thanks WormFOOD, Borders is usually the last place I look for movies. will check it out later today as well.

[quote name='exRounder']Borders is usually the last place I look for movies[/QUOTE]

And it should continue to be every CAG's last stop. They are so overpriced! I think their standard blu price is $35.

Very very YMMV, but a few people are reporting it for 19.xx at their local walmart, so call around if you can to check prices. All 3 Walmarts in my area had it close to the $30 price point.

I'm not defensive, just felt people were being agressive that I shouldn't find a deal.

So anyways, Borders is horrible at all pricing. I'm just gonna get gutsy and try to pick it up there. I promised myself I wouldn't buy a Blu-ray for more than $20 this year and want to stick to that.

All borders coupons are off List Price which is why they are no good for anything but books

Just rented and watched the Blu-Ray--it's great!--hopefully it'll drop to the sub $15 soon. I can't believe these over $20 release prices. I refuse to pay that much for a single film.

The Blu rang up for $26.99 at Border's, gave the 33% off coupon and the price jumped up to $28.xx...nice deal. Explains why I never buy Blu-rays at Borders.

[quote name='SuperJedi']What about Final Destination Blu?[/QUOTE]

IMO, that movie was so crap. To me it felt like the movie lasted only for 30 minutes.

[quote name='180husher']The Blu rang up for $26.99 at Border's, gave the 33% off coupon and the price jumped up to $28.xx...nice deal. Explains why I never buy Blu-rays at Borders.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I ended up going to Wal-mart and found it for $20.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea, I ended up going to Wal-mart and found it for $20.[/QUOTE]Was it $20 before any coupons, or after the $3 coupons floating around?

[quote name='shrike4242']Was it $20 before any coupons, or after the $3 coupons floating around?[/QUOTE]

Before the $3 coupon, but definately YMMV.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Before the $3 coupon, but definately YMMV.[/QUOTE]Good fact to know. It would be nice to start at $20, though I'm betting it won't be that lucky for me.

[quote name='180husher']$25 at the two Walmarts I checked. Just got it at BB for RZ points.[/QUOTE]That's what I'd expect, since BB has it for $24.99 and Walmart has to match that.

In the coupon thread, folks are reporting success using the mfg coupon and Bucca Di Peppo coupons, so that would get it down to $18-19. I wish the digital copy was not PSP only. We watched it last night from Netflix and the family loved it. I put it up there with Up as far as animated releases, but this movie is a lot more fun and does talking animals way better than Up, plus it has Mr. T.

[quote name='prayformojo']In the coupon thread, folks are reporting success using the mfg coupon and Bucca Di Peppo coupons, so that would get it down to $18-19. I wish the digital copy was not PSP only. We watched it last night from Netflix and the family loved it. I put it up there with Up as far as animated releases, but this movie is a lot more fun and does talking animals way better than Up, plus it has Mr. T.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was really dissapointed that it was PSP Digital Copy only too. Would be great if it was marked on the front of the box like that instead of smaller print on the back.

This movie has two great things going for it:
Mr. T as the Cop
Bruce Campbell as the Mayor

[quote name='WormFOODx']Post how and where if you can please, for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he used the mfg coupon along with an expired coupon at a certain retailer.

[quote name='maximus101']I'm pretty sure he used the mfg coupon along with an expired coupon at a certain retailer.[/QUOTE]
*cough*Target*cough* ???

[quote name='WormFOODx']Post how and where if you can please, for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess Walmart for $19.99 less the $3 coupon plus tax.

Like fizzwix, I picked it up at RC Willey for $15.97 after tax.

$26 - Borders in store
$14 - after mfg coupon

It wont. WOrk. I work there, and the coupon comes off of the list price.

Would the floating $3 coupon, 10% off best buy reward zone coupon and the $5 bb rewards work all together or do they only accept one coupon at a time?

Thanks.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would the floating $3 coupon, 10% off best buy reward zone coupon and the $5 bb rewards work all together or do they only accept one coupon at a time?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The $3 and reward zone cert. will work together. The 10% coupon won't work since it is a sale price, but like most things could be YMMV.

That was a very manic movie. I just finished watching it with my three-year old, who absolutely loved it. The ending credits made me feel like I was playing one of the Katamari games.

$30 at Toys R Us but it's buy one get one half off for blu rays this week and they honored two of the $3 coupons. So it was about $20.62 each after tax for 2 copies split between me and a lady at work.
$25 at Walmarts in MN.

[quote name='meiskru']It wont. WOrk. I work there, and the coupon comes off of the list price.[/QUOTE]So, does that mean that it'll be a starting price of $26.99, take $3 off the $26.99 and then take the 33% off?

The email I received with the link for the 33% off coupon shows Cloudy at $26.99 for the BR.

That would be:
$26.99 base price
$23.99 after $3 coupon
$16.07 after 33% off coupon from $23.99 AC price

Good enough for me for the moment.

I think it'll come off the list price as opposed to the sale price, as mentioned above.

$39.99 MSRP
$39.99 - 33% = $26.79 - $3 coupon = $23.79.

As for the PSP digital copy, it was written on a sticker on the front of the slipcover. Unfortunately, it appears to require the bluray to set it up. I was hoping to sell the code.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, does that mean that it'll be a starting price of $26.99, take $3 off the $26.99 and then take the 33% off?

The email I received with the link for the 33% off coupon shows Cloudy at $26.99 for the BR.

That would be:
$26.99 base price
$23.99 after $3 coupon
$16.07 after 33% off coupon from $23.99 AC price

Good enough for me for the moment.[/QUOTE]

I did try this in the store and it didn't work. The CSR looked at me strage as if $40 for a blu-ray was affordable. Ahh well. If you use the coupon you can at the least get $.20 more off!

See, that's complete crap, if they're already discounting it down to $26.99 with the 33% coupon figured into the mix.

Well, so much for that idea.

I guess it's a run to Walmart and hope it'll be $19.99 at my local WM and not $24.99.

It was $39.99 at Borders, so the Borders coupon would have discounted it to $26.79, as others have stated. :roll:

Thank you Borders, for making a good coupon completely useless.

[quote name='Ed_']I was bummed not being able to find a deal on this; but after reading that the 3D version is coming out in summer I'm just going to rent this version for now.
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Sony_Announces_Cloudy_With_a_Chance_of_Meatballs_for_Blu-ray_3D/6146[/QUOTE]And you need a 3D-capable TV with a 3D-capable BR player to take advantage of that.

No thanks, I'm fine with just the 2D for now.

bread's done
Back