Need DS game Recommendations

s3v3n777

CAGiversary!
I need a new DS game, but I dont know which to buy. I am looking at a few games. If possible, answer the poll and reply as to why. The fate of my entertainment is in your hands.

Well, I recently acquired both Castlevania and Trauma Center and both are great in their own way. Castlevania is the same Castlevania you played in SOTN and the 3 GBA games, but I believe it is probably the best one yet. The graphics are better than SOTN, the story is good for a Castlevania game (probably not as good as SOTN's flashbacks), and I absolutely love the soul collecting gameplay mechanic. It makes it a great game to pick up for 10 minutes, try to get some souls, flaunt your badass powers, and then turn it off.

Trauma Center is very, very different. Its gameplay is essentially a game of memory with some tricky stylus motions required. If you are looking for something very new and innovative, go for it.

Then again, Ace Wright is getting great reviews, so I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='Tromack']Well, I recently acquired both Castlevania and Trauma Center and both are great in their own way.

Then again, Ace Wright is getting great reviews, so I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

And that's my dilemma. Damn DS damn it with it's good games. If only it was like the PSP! There are such few great games, Im not all that indecisive.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']there's about a $10 difference between Trauma Center and Castlevania.[/QUOTE]

Try $5. $29.99 vs. $34.99.

I have both Trauma Center and Castlevania and love them both. I'm thinking about picking up Phoenix Wright today, but I'm not sure. I heard it doesn't have much replay, but still..

I'd say Castlevania. Incredibly good game, plenty of replayability, you can feel the love that went into this game's design. I've been playing it nonstop since I got it last thursday; definitely worth the money.

Both TC and Castlevania are awesome. Castlevania is a pretty sure bet, Trauma Center I'd say maybe rent before you buy to make sure you like its style.

Like Meteos, Castlevania needs to be in every DS owner's library.

daroga

I guess if you have to get just one, the highest reviews would dictate that you get Castlevania. Though I think you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by picking up Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright as well.

I'm having trouble choosing as well. So many "maybes." My first "definitely" is probably going to be Mario Kart, but I'll likely get one or two of these games before then.

Another "definitely" should be Kirby. I love it, my girlfriend loves it, all my friends love it. I can't imagine anybody picking up Kirby Canvas Curse and not having fun with it. If you don't own it, buy it posthaste!

If you want to use the touch screen gameplay get Trauma Center or Metos. If your just searching for the best all around game get Castlevania. Castlevania: DOS is one of my fav games of this year but I am still a little dissapointed that they don't take advantage of the touch screen features fully.

My vote is cast for Trauma Center, but I've yet to play Castlevania and Phoenix Wright.

I'm planning on getting both of those games in a week or two, but for now I'd pick Trauma Center, personally.

I've had lots of fun with Castlevania but it's the only DS game I own for right now, so I can't really reccommend anything. I'm getting $40 under the table this weekend so I'll probably pick out something else. Looks like Trauma Center is the #2 choice for everybody after Castlevania.

All of the above games are well worth a look in, so I have heard.

Castlevania seems to be the popular persons choice, but if you like things a bit different, then Pheonix Wright and Trauma Centre look like they'd be well worth a look.

If your open to all genres, two games which may be worth a look in are Meteos (a very fun game, with plenty of personality and it's one of the most addictive, and certainly one of MY favourite games of the year) and Trace Memory/Another Code, and you can read my review here

I was fortunate enough to pick up Trauma Center and Castlevania, but, if you can only swing one, I’d go with Castlevania. It looks great, sounds great, feels great, and is the more traditional of the two. Both are excellent choices, though.

Casltevania is the best DS game so far, which is only natural since it's a direct sequel to the best GBA game ever. Keep 'em coming, IGA!

bread's done
Back