Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition - $46.99 Free Shipping @ NewEgg

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']2 Exclusive cars and 6 Early access cars

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/17/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-limited-edition/[/QUOTE]

Yup and what's weird is the LE version is the only one listed for both Newegg and Amazon.

Here's the description: "Get the Edge Day 1 - Pre-order Need for Speed Hot Pursuit today to secure your copy of the Limited Edition, giving you instant access to locked cars, weaponry and equipment right out of the box. Whether you choose to be a cop or a racer, the Limited Edition lets you get ahead with upgraded cars the first time you hit the streets: hunt down racers in the Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8 or leave cops in the dust in the Audi TT RS Coupe and Chevrolet Camaro SS. Plus, get immediate access to advanced cop weaponry and upgraded racer equipment that will let you get an edge on your friends and a head start on your quest to become the top cop or most wanted racer."

Should have bit on Newegg's Gran Turismo 5 deal (not for myself, but for a Christmas present) when it was on sale earlier. I'm really having to plan out what I want to get this year and from where.

[quote name='scarhawk']Meh.. Amazon/Walmart deal is better if you know you're buying other games.[/QUOTE]

Amazon killed the free Shift copy and they have no game credit either.

Just submitted the URL to Amazon; wait and see if they pricematch.

[quote name='Davedevil']I pre-ordered from amazon just cause you get NFS:shift for free.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I'll go with amazon then, thanks anyway OP

Shift was absolutely horrible to me. There's a reason they were trying to unload copies for free. lol

BTW, Shift isn't offered free now @amazon.com. That ship has sailed.

[quote name='droider']Thanks!

I'll go with amazon then, thanks anyway OP[/QUOTE]

Actually as has been mentioned, Amazon's pre-order deals are dead. There's no free SHIFT and no credit for that matter -- so as of now, Newegg's deal IS better.

Thanks to the OP :)

Wait, what? Amazon canceled their Preorder bonuses!? Even if you preordered when they were available? If that's the case, then they should really have emailed all the current preorders or something.

[quote name='tk102']Wait, what? Amazon canceled their Preorder bonuses!? Even if you preordered when they were available? If that's the case, then they should really have emailed all the current preorders or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they're still applicable if you preordered before -- the issue is ordering now, you don't get anything from Amazon, not even a credit.

[quote name='Rodster']Yup and what's weird is the LE version is the only one listed for both Newegg and Amazon.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This is EA's new strategy. They release LE at standard price without any regular editions. You basically get some DLC with it. Then I guess second runs are "regular" editions without the DLC. It's just to get people to buy it upon release. I think they've done is mostly for PS3 but so far: Dante's Inferno, BFBC2. I guess this is the third one.

I think I'll bite. My wife loved the old NFS:HP. And liked the newest burnout. She won't like the learning curve of GT5, and I loved the cop chases in nfs games. Their best part IMO, I'd play for hours seeing how high I could make the cars in the roadblocks fly

The last NFS game I bought was Shift for the ipod, which was awesome. Man I miss my ipod:cry:. I haven't heard anything about this one though. I think the NFS series is slowly becoming the new Tomb Raider (before Legend).

I was not interested in this until I saw that weapons and evasion skills come into play... I might have to look into this. I've been a huge NFS fan up to Most Wanted 2, after that, they went downhill (Shift was a step in the right direction, but still very very MEH). This might be a fun game if they pull it off right. It almost sounds like a sim meets cart racing.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Was gonna bite, but realized it's being released after Gran Turismo.

Will never get to this game, will wait for $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

quoted for truth...

[quote name='postulio']quoted for truth...[/QUOTE]

exactly what I was thinking all it will do is collect dust on sealed wrapper. Who was the marketing genius
behind this release date. People have been waiting 10 years for GT5, duh.

[quote name='pun123']exactly what I was thinking all it will do is collect dust on sealed wrapper. Who was the marketing genius
behind this release date. People have been waiting 10 years for GT5, duh.[/QUOTE]

I think they figure the GT5 and NFS players are two different demographics. I, for one, love the Burnout series, but wouldn't consider paying more than $20 for GT. Pre-ordered. Thanks OP.

Thanks OP! Never was a fan of Grand Turismo, also maybe the release date of GT5 is having an affect on the price of NFSHP, which I'll gladly take.

Was thinking about getting the Walmart copy with the $20 e-gift card. But after taxes and the .97 cent shipping it's only like 2 bucks less than the Newegg deal.

Not worth saving $2 bucks if I gotta spend $20 more online at Walmart.com.

Ordered from Newegg!

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']I think they figure the GT5 and NFS players are two different demographics. I, for one, love the Burnout series, but wouldn't consider paying more than $20 for GT. Pre-ordered. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I would love to play both, and yes the two are obviously very different in style, one is arcade/battle(lol) and one is racing sim.

It's just that, I will never have time because Gran Turismo is such a time consuming game, which is why I should probably get to playing my ModNation before November 2nd... stupid backlog.

bread's done
Back