Need for Speed Most Wanted (Burnout Paradise 2)

edson13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Developer Diary: Multiplayer

After watching this video, is anyone else extremely excited about this? CAG Burnout nights were some of the most active sessions ever around here, and this really seems like Burnout Paradise with real cars.

Really want to get this day 1, but as far as I know, theres no deals anywhere. The inner CAG in me doesnt know what to do.

Either way, Ass Creed is going to have to take a back seat to this.

I got this ordered on 360 through NewEgg with their $12 off promotion they ran a while back so that was enough of a deal for me. I never did the CAG groups for Paradise but it was such a great game that I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

I hope it's better than Burnout Paradise personally. That game was a huge letdown to me. I've heard they fixed a lot of stuff later, but I don't care enough to go back to it.

With that being said I'm thinking of grabbing this on Vita since it's supposed to be almost the same as the console version.

B/C of when they release them they're always $35 on black Friday which is why I won't buy day 1 but b/c they games sell well & have legs you'll see active communuty for a while. Burnout was so great & this will be no different must have title.

It looks badass. I loved BP, easily the best MP experience I had with a racer and I had fun tooling around in SP too. Im getting it Day 1

[quote name='whoknows']I hope it's better than Burnout Paradise personally. That game was a huge letdown to me. I've heard they fixed a lot of stuff later, but I don't care enough to go back to it.

With that being said I'm thinking of grabbing this on Vita since it's supposed to be almost the same as the console version.[/QUOTE]

Burnout Paradise was awesome... if you did not like it I am sure you will not like this.

It doesn't interest me. The Full Customization was the greatest thing in Most Wanted and the fact that they took it from being a future buy to a never going to buy.

Sure, this game hasnt got alot of costumization BUT it look like alot of fun, witch i think is the main thing that games are and should be about. Here's some gameplay i have found and i mean this looks like alot of fun, especially with friends. I remember how i spent a few hundred hours with Burnout Paradise, but this looks even more cool, so i guess ill be playing this more than anything else. Heres the gameplays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LmIKxcfq0rU

First 14min of the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErjrP7yfmY

26min of MP gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg6IgahYEo&feature=player_embedded

Only checked out this game for a few races, but I am happy I picked it up. It is as advertised; a combination of BP2 and the old Most Wanted, two of my favorite racing games of all time.

For those that have it, can you let me know if:

1. You can teleport to events?
2. You can immediately retry an event if you lose?

[quote name='whoknows']For those that have it, can you let me know if:

1. You can teleport to events?
2. You can immediately retry an event if you lose?[/QUOTE]
1. You can instantly teleport to Most Wanted races, but have to start all the other races first, after that you can teleport to them.
2. Yes. You can restart mid race and after a race by picking "Retry last event" in the EasyDrive or whatever they call it.

[quote name='mguiddy']1. You can instantly teleport to Most Wanted races, but have to start all the other races first, after that you can teleport to them.
2. Yes. You can restart mid race and after a race by picking "Retry last event" in the EasyDrive or whatever they call it.[/QUOTE]
Scratch number 1... I don't know how it works.
Last night I started a new car that I never drove before and I had to drive to each race before I could teleport to them. Just now I started another new car, and I could teleport to a race instantly... so, I don't know what the determining factor is.

Just thought of this... Maybe as long as you do a race once in any car, you can then teleport to it instantly in any other car.

Please add me, need some more autolog friends!

Loving this game so far. There is even a bridge in this game that is straight outta burnout. I spent a stupid amount of hours on burnout

[quote name='BigBob']It doesn't interest me. The Full Customization was the greatest thing in Most Wanted and the fact that they took it from being a future buy to a never going to buy.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, I got it anyways but I feel that since the customizations disappeared Nfs lost there touch

And I like your shirt lol I got the same one!

Been playing this a bit and it seems to be a serious Burnout Paradise for all of the good and bad that it implies. There's not much to encourage exploration beyond the gates and billboards though. I find it funny that the billboards you're supposed to smash all bear the logos for EA developers (Bioware, Visceral, and EA Sports).

I know that this supports the Move Racing Wheel, which I had no clue came out two weeks ago. I might have to pick one up to see how well that works.

Yeah, the warp to race thing seems to be crazy.
First time I played I did single player for an hour or so, I maybe had enough points to do the MW race 10.
Then I played online with friends and gained a ton of points.
Next time I did single player I had enough points to do up to MW race 5 or so.
I did all the MW races by just teleporting directly to them, including MW race 4 which unlocked while I was doing the MW races.
Then I did the races for 2-3 cars and drove all over the town getting billboards and security gates.
Just now I wanted to do MW race 3 and couldn't teleport to it.

So, the only thing I can say for sure is that you can teleport to a race once you've done it once.
Though, several times during single player, I've teleported to a race that I've never done.

I really liked Giant Bomb's preview of the game; it sure seems like Burnout Paradise 1.5 blended together with the presentation of NFS.

[youtube]1NrtUYZznPM[/youtube]

I tried NFS: Most Wanted last night and I have to admit...I'm disappointed. Car handling is sluggish/clunky. I loved Burnout Paradise and this game just does not handle the same/as well.

I have to agree that the handling feels a little off to me too. However, it is not something that can't be overcome. There is so much fun to be had in the game, that I feel it is still worthwhile

[quote name='SynGamer']I tried NFS: Most Wanted last night and I have to admit...I'm disappointed. Car handling is sluggish/clunky. I loved Burnout Paradise and this game just does not handle the same/as well.[/QUOTE]
People keep saying this is Burnout with just the NFS name attached but thats far from the case. Aside from the crashes and being one big city, it doesnt play much like Burnout to me at least not as much as people were saying before release. I was dissappointed as well. I hope EA lets Criterion do an actual Burnout title after this. I cant beleive its going to be 5 years and no sequel to Paradise

Played some of the timed demo today and on the fence....plays like a combo Shift 2 - BO Paradise. Considering I have not picked up a racing game in a long time, I thought it handled as well as BOP. I mean, the Land Rover handled like a POS, which it should. The Ford GT was fish tailing it all over the place while the Nissan GT was the most nimble of those I drove.

One the fence though...may get it....may not.

Has anyone found a way to look at the list of events you've completed? Autolog says I've attempted all events (61/61) but have only placed first in 60/61. As far as I can tell, the game provides NO comprehensive menu of events and your placement in them. No big deal if you're just going for the Most Wanted cars since you can do those races with any vehicle, but seriously - it tracks your stats for events but then doesn't list them. Huge oversight.

Well, this is $35.00 at Target so I think I'll brave the lines tonight at 9PM and see if I can grab a copy. I don't foresee it being much less anywhere else.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well, this is $35.00 at Target so I think I'll brave the lines tonight at 9PM and see if I can grab a copy. I don't foresee it being much less anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Just got it for $25 @ Amazon...Lighting Deal
icon_biggrin.gif

Walmart will also have it for $25 in-store if you're very brave to deal with that $hit.

Got mine at 5:30 at Walmart....no lines...they broke the 8pm time for all video games. Got the game and will be firing it up in just a little bit.....

Has anyone played with the move steering wheel? it has me intrigued I already have a move controller set up and although I'm not a huge racing fan I did enjoy burnout on OG xbox. I'm interested in getting this game on the cheap but I'd like to play with move.
yes I know I'm lame

I just got the game this week. I'm having fun with it (when I have a spare moment to play). We should do a CAG game night.

Got it in the mail from Black Friday yesterday. Like it so far. Need more PSN friends who have it though.

Started playing this last Friday and have had a lot of fun so far. It's no Paradise sequel, but as someone who was starting to give up hope of ever seeing another Burnout I'll take it. I could use people to race/populate the autolog so feel free to add me.

[quote name='ThePriceIsRight']Just got it for $25 @ Amazon...Lighting Deal :D[/QUOTE]
fuck. Well half price wasn't bad.

bread's done
Back