Need for Speed: The Run (X360) for $27.98 @ Costco. Likely YMMV; maybe other systems?

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

Was browsing through Costco's games while shopping for groceries, and noticed NFS: The Run on the X360 had received a red discount sticker to $27.98 over the old price.

I already have it on PC, so passed. But figured I'd mention it here. Also, I looked for the game on other platforms, but it seems they either don't carry them, or they were out of stock. As always, Costco red tags are often YMMV, but are sometimes nationwide.

Pic for those who care:

6706467069_0cc6200b6c_b.jpg

I believe the previous lowest price was $30 on Black Friday. That said, this will probably hit sub $20 rather quickly. Anyway... if someone is interested, just an fyi ;)

EDIT: Oh, also; this was in the Independence, MO location; for those close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible game, only bite when it's 15$ or lower, and if ur bored!! I traded my copy in after 3 hrs of play. Main story is only 2 hrs lOng w/ cut scenes. It's more like a xbla title and should be 1200 points

I was at costco today and they were still full price. I rented this game and hated it, ended up returning it the same day. Hasbro family game night 4 was marked down to a similar price though.

Don't listen to the haters. This game plays like the love child of a big summer action racing movie and Cruis'n USA. I'm having a blast with the thing, and it looks fantastic thanks to the Frostbite engine.

Also, the "run" will take you at least four or five hours if you're playing on anything but super-weenie-junior mode, because you'll have to replay races you lose. And then there's an extra 50 or so challenge races on top of that, so the game will last a good long time.

I just picked it up last week for $37 and it's the most fun I've had with a racer in some time.

This game never had a slipcover... And it would be quite weird for the second run non limited edition to have a slip.

I really liked the demo...I don't have any racing games for this console generation yet, this will probably be the one, but I'm waiting for $20 or less on it.

[quote name='Romeo']This game never had a slipcover... And it would be quite weird for the second run non limited edition to have a slip.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='mgorsi']Terrible game, only bite when it's 15$ or lower, and if ur bored!! I traded my copy in after 3 hrs of play. Main story is only 2 hrs lOng w/ cut scenes. It's more like a xbla title and should be 1200 points[/QUOTE]

I would not say terrible, although I can see how someone might say that. It is a very much a NFS game where the AI is rubberband to make each race always close at the end. Yeah the story was a bit thrown in but did not make the experience any worse and you can skip them. The are QTE but not too hard and very brief. I did like some of the effects like the mountain stage and driving through the dust bowl.

Very arcade like racing. If you are expecting a traditional NFS game you know what you are buying. I do think the right price for this is mid $30 but this is EA and EA games always drop fast.

Oh yeah, biggest negative for me was loading times on PS3. Seemed way to long whenever you progressed races or restarted. When you go off track/crash the rewind was faster but still should have been instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just Redbox it, I beat it in 2 hours, but there are some challenges that are fun, but the story is just so short.

I love this game.... the QTE where you have to dodge dogs and exploding tankers on foot to the sound of Ministy's N.W.O in the background was EPIC!

I liked that the races were in short bursts and not long, drawn out affairs. I can handle the small amounts of gaming while hot pursuit races were borderline a bit long for me.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I love this game.... the QTE where you have to dodge dogs and exploding tankers on foot to the sound of Ministy's N.W.O in the background was EPIC![/QUOTE]

Haha, yes, that's exactly the scene and that's exactly the word. EPIC! :)

Doesn't Costco put give you a hellva long time to PM for those that are thinking it will drop to $20 quickly they can PM after the fact?

[quote name='bnizzle']It's not a slipcover. The boxes at costco are just for display, there are no games inside.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I was puzzled as to why my copy was missing the slip.

bread's done
Back