Need For Speed: Undercover - Gen Discussion & info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Need for Speed Undercover features a deep and engaging story of spectacular Hollywood-style live-action that will transport players into the fictional world of the Tri-City Bay Area,” said Bill Harrison, Need for Speed Undercover Executive Producer. “Working with talent the caliber of Maggie Q allows us to deliver an unparalleled level of storytelling that will keep players engaged in between 180-mile an hour races.”
Maggie Q, who has starred in Mission Impossible III and Live Free or Die Hard, plays Federal Agent Chase Linh, a seductive handler who recruits and guides players as they go undercover. Players will take on dangerous jobs and compete in races in order to infiltrate and takedown a ruthless international crime syndicate.
“I’ve always been a fan of racing games and working on Need for Speed Undercover was an amazing experience,” said Maggie Q. “I was so impressed by the scope and quality of the overall production that goes into a videogame these days. It was like any other day on a Hollywood set; I felt right at home. The Black Box team is doing tremendous work here and I can’t wait to see the final game.”
Need for Speed Undercover is being developed by Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is slated to be in stores North America on November 18 and in Europe on November 21. The gamewill be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com. Press can download assets at http://info.ea.com.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/international-box-office-sensation-maggie,506926.shtml

I really like the way this sounds, hope its got the Most Wanted feel to it.

got to play the alpha demo with the MS wheel at PAX08 this past weekend. it was fun. it was you vs the cpu on the highway with lots of traffic to dodge. you had to use the meter to left to see how far you had to get away from the cpu to win the race. it was basically one of those highway races in Tokya Extreme Racer/Import Tuner Challenge.

I'm renting it because it looks more like Most Wanted and that was the best NFS game yet. But I don't know how much could possibly change to warrant a purchase

Cool that it's back to daytime. But if there are more "go around # spike stripes" or "tag # police vehicles" I'm going to buy a copy just to pack the inside of the DVD case with cat turds and mail it back to EA.

Can anyone recommend me the best NFS game so far. The last one I played on a console (no PSP versions) was NFSU2. That's my favorite so far. In fact, I went out and bought a copy this weekend. Is ProStreet any good? What about Carbon?

The amount of DLC available for this game is incredible, seems like they're selling you half the game in DLC.

Ah well, seems like this one has turned out to be crap, see you in the Target Clearance endcap in a few months NFS:Undercover :wave:

[quote name='benjamouth']The amount of DLC available for this game is incredible, seems like they're selling you half the game in DLC.
[/quote]

All that DLC does is unlock things that are already on the disc. There is nothing new there.

man and after looking at the commercials.. i really wanted to play it because it looked like it had an awesome story...

what a letdown. sadly though i wouldnt be suprised if it outsells midnight club

[quote name='slickkill77']Ah carumba! A 5.0!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's what the series really should have been getting since Underground 2 though.

[quote name='mtxbass1']All that DLC does is unlock things that are already on the disc. There is nothing new there.[/quote]

LMAO

NFS:U2 and MW were the best ones. I would have liked that they had more car mods etc for MW.

Pro Street absolutely sucked balls.

That game kept me from buying this one at full price.

I don't understand why this game is getting the shit kicked out of it by reviewers. When compared to Need For Speed: Most Wanted, this game is better in every way
other than Josie Maran >>> Maggie Q
(which is what they were hoping for, I think, when they made this game: back to the Most Wanted formula). I'm having plenty of fun with this game, and I laugh at the IGN reviewer who said this game was easy - he obviously only played for ~1 hour.

Yea EGM said the police and rivals REALLY ramp up after level 5. I'm going to give it a cheap 2 day Family Video rental today and see how it is. Had tons of fun with Most Wanted and always liked the old NFS games.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']The video review made me chuckle.[/quote]

yea same here lol. Couldn't help but laugh, especially at the end of the video.

The Frame rate is the biggest problem of this game. Makes the gameplay very choppy.

Just letting everyone with this know that today is a community day so race online to get your free 20 points.

"Active Community Member
Participated in any Community Day. Visit NeedforSpeed.com for more info."

I rented this yesterday and it's not that bad. REALLY easy i'm only at level 4 though and on my 1st rewarded car. I read on the Xbox.com forums that installing it on your HD improves the terrible and constant load times. That's my biggest complaint so far because you race for a minute then load for 40 seconds to race for another 2 minutes and load a minute. lol sucks though because i've only got a 20gb and already installed a game so i've got no room to check things out easily.

[quote name='$hady']Just letting everyone with this know that today is a community day so race online to get your free 20 points.

"Active Community Member
Participated in any Community Day. Visit NeedforSpeed.com for more info."

I rented this yesterday and it's not that bad. REALLY easy i'm only at level 4 though and on my 1st rewarded car. I read on the Xbox.com forums that installing it on your HD improves the terrible and constant load times. That's my biggest complaint so far because you race for a minute then load for 40 seconds to race for another 2 minutes and load a minute. lol sucks though because i've only got a 20gb and already installed a game so i've got no room to check things out easily.[/quote]

thanks! Just got my active community member achievement the other day ago

I was wondering if the game got better if you installed it to your hard drive. I just picked up Pro Street for 10 bucks from Gamefly's sale, can't go wrong with that. I think my favorite NFS is def Underground 2 followed by Most Wanted. Hearing they're going back to more Most Wanted and actual cop chases has got me excited about the franchise again. I'm not picking this up though, prob grab it with the next Gamely sale lol.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Fixed... They are both FAIL[/quote]

the two games are completely different... if you played either or you would know.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Fixed... They are both FAIL[/quote]

lol... ive played both and they both actually disappointed me. Rental games at most

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I don't understand why this game is getting the shit kicked out of it by reviewers. When compared to Need For Speed: Most Wanted, this game is better in every way
other than Josie Maran >>> Maggie Q
(which is what they were hoping for, I think, when they made this game: back to the Most Wanted formula). I'm having plenty of fun with this game, and I laugh at the IGN reviewer who said this game was easy - he obviously only played for ~1 hour.[/quote]

Great to hear that...I got some more games I need to trade at Gamerush soon, might have to pick it up.

[quote name='cmart05']the two games are completely different... if you played either or you would know.[/quote]

Hmm... yeah, guess it's a good thing I rented both. :roll:

bread's done
Back