Need Gaming TV Advice ASAP (Time Limited Deal on Bravia KDL-40S5100)

Splatoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
I have a guy on Craigslist offering a recently purchased (with transferable warranty) KDL-40S5100 for $450. Considering the cheapest used on Amazon seems to be 700+, I was thinking of biting, but even though the reviews for the TV are generally positive, I wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience with this as a gaming TV, as that's going to be my primary use. I want to make the offer as soon as I can, so any reply within, say, 12 hours would be awesome. I know it's a long shot, but for nearly $500 bucks, I figured I'd try. Thanks!

Make the offer. Given that the T.V. is in good shape and works fine, it is a good deal. Sony's are quality televisions, plus the specs on that model are pretty good and the 1080p is a plus.

I'm not a T.V. expert or anything, but I know the basics about them, I use to sell T.V.'s at Sears and I can vouch that Sony's got nothing but great feedback by customers.

Its the 40 inch model right?

I'd say buy it! Don't wait and miss out on it

Get it.

I'd list reasons, but the price alone is a good enough reason. Just make sure it's in good condition and working before you purchase, of course.

Cool, cool. I forgot to mention it in the original post, but the guy also mentioned having a three year transferable warranty with receipt. Does anyone know how that would work? I'm assuming he'd have to contact Sony or Best Buy or whoever has the warranty in his name.

I have that very TV and I love it.

Colors are nice and bright, it has a ton of inputs, and its just plain nice.

My only regret is not going with the 46". The 40" is nice, but its smaller in person than I imagined.

[quote name='Splatoon']Cool, cool. I forgot to mention it in the original post, but the guy also mentioned having a three year transferable warranty with receipt. Does anyone know how that would work? I'm assuming he'd have to contact Sony or Best Buy or whoever has the warranty in his name.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where he bought it- I have a CD changer I got from Fry's with a 5-year warranty... basically, it came with and extra where I sign, and the new owner signs, and boom! Transferred. (Thought that was pretty cool, myself.)

bread's done
Back