need help about a dumbass buyer

TornadoXL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
ok i sold this phone on ebay. He pay 4-5 days later. Then he almost demand that i send the next day. I did ship it the next day. A couple of minutes after the Post office closed i get a call from him. I didnt know you could get people phone numbers on ebay. He then said did you sent i said yes. A few hours later he says that if he doesnt get it by money day (today) he will file a claim. We he did recieve it today. The problem is he is trying to milk some money out of me by saying this crap.

His email
you know somebody did something to the phone that
is not suppose to right? they flash it whatever
and now the menu is totally different. Do you
expect me to accepted that? the phone is
unlocked, but the orange logo is still on the
phone and so as on the start up screen. the phone
is NOT manufacture unlocked and this phone has
been USED!! this phone does not worth $200 at all
cause somebody alreay did something to it and i
don't know will the phone have any bad effect
later on. you were kind of misleading in the
auction without stating that phone has been
flashed but say you tested and work perfect??
what were you talking about, it does not work
perfect becuase its been flashed modified what
ever you want to call it!! reply back asap

Should i be scared?

Once he "demanded" you ship the next day, I would have refunded him and told him to go fuck himself.

Overly pushy buyers = trouble.

He seems like he wants to set up for the old not as described scam. He files not as described with paypal. Paypal sides with him forces you to refund him and he has to return the phone. He mails you box full rocks or something and you get to keep the rocks and he gets to keep the phone. He seems to have mentality to do it. I hope you dont get burned.

Yea as soon as the seller starts demanding ship dates that is a bad start. You might want to add to your next auction that you will ship out within X days of receiving cleared payment and if there are days you cannot ship out at all.

Also, if the buyer sent you an email that was worded, spelled, etc like the note you posted earlier prior to paying or shipping it might have been a good tip off that this was a bad buyer. I mean, this isn't a college english class but when people communicate that poorly, you may be barking up the wrong tree trying to complete the transaction without getting ripped off.

[quote name='TornadoXL']that is what he did to me. Should i withdraw all my money out of my account?[/QUOTE]
I never leave a dime in my PayPal account. I'd empty it.

How do you even respond to something like that? It doesn't even make any sense.

[quote name='mrblinG22']just wondering.. did you ever flash the phone?

and i would have re-listed it when it took him 4-5 days to pay.[/quote]

No i did not flash it. It was unlocked by a official orange provider and he just filed a dispute with me.

just tell him to return the phone in it's original condition and you will issue a refund. get your phone, ban him from ever bidding on your auctions again, and move on.

however you should be the one to initiate this because otherwise it gets messy if paypal gets involved.

You might be screwed now. He'll win the dispute, when he does all he has to do is give paypal a tracking number saying he mailed *something* to you. As soon as he provides paypal the tracking he will get a refund. If you dont have the money in your account it will sit with a negative balance for probably six months at which point they will send you to a collections agency.

if your descriptions said As-is then you shouldn't have to do anything. Or you still don't have to do anything if you don't want to deal with him. How do you know that you will get the phone back in it's condition you sent? You can say that you will refund the money after he send the phone back and then give him money back -15% stocking fee! good luck.

I think he is just making up crap. Your feedback on ebay is perfect. Looks like a great phone as well. He is more than likely trying to get his money back, and keep the phone in the process. I really hate paypal lately. Why the hell would they give someone's there money back? When they don't have a good reason to start with.

I know

One of his reason he want his money back is because for example you know when you buy like a phone from t mobile. It will have t mobile stuff on it like pictures and t zones. He is mad because it has that stuff on it. He want one with none of that.

Sound's like he is just making excuse's. Im not to fimilar with paypal. If you get all your money out of your account. Would he be able to take it back from you?

[quote name='Will']Once he "demanded" you ship the next day, I would have refunded him and told him to go fuck himself.

Overly pushy buyers = trouble.[/QUOTE]

Well said... buyers like that are not worth it. It's not like there aren't other buyers for your phone.

Paypal doesn't accept any of that "15% restocking fee" crap. They will give the full refund.

I always empty my Paypal account after collecting even a moderate amount of money. Like many other people, I did get fucked by a lying buyer, who filed a claim and won. I had no money in my account so it has sat at -$35 for about a year with no consequences to me. I just use my wife's account now. ;)

Yeah I've been screwed over like that before. All I can say is try to get the phone back BEFORE you send any money back. If Paypal does (which they probably will) side with the buyer, just say fuck that and contact the BBB.

Yeah I've been screwed over like that before. All I can say is try to get the phone back BEFORE you send any money back. If Paypal does (which they probably will) side with the buyer, just say fuck that and contact the BBB.

what is the BBB? I was able to take out all my money. Can they take my money out of my account? I should have known when he said if he didnt get it by monday he would file a claim and he did.

Some have said that they can touch the bank acct and others have said they arent suppose to be able to etc etc. Ive never had to go that route though.

[quote name='daminion']are you willing to provide the auction #? i'd like to block this buyer :)[/QUOTE]

Can you actually block buyers/sellers on eBay? If so, can someone please tell me how to so I can block the guy as well. He definitely has some shady feedback.

[quote name='Will']Some have said that they can touch the bank acct and others have said they arent suppose to be able to etc etc. Ive never had to go that route though.[/QUOTE]

They can't touch you bank account if they paid with PayPal funds. But if they paid with a credit card then they can call their credit card company and do a charge-back which would take money out of your account.

I wouldn't waste time with the BBB. I was in a situation with a problem buyer and Paypals response to the BBB was effectly a page long letter saying to buy some lube.

I sold two GBA about 3 years ago and I sent them to two seperate address', from two different post offices and some how they both didn't show up. I drained my paypal account and left it at negative. About half a year later they send some fucking collection agency after me and I got fucked out of $80 and two GBA. God I hate paypal

[quote name='TornadoXL']how screw am i? What will happen if you dont pay the collection agency?[/QUOTE]

I would say it's just generally not a good idea to leave any balance unpaid. If you get screwed, do what you can to protect yourself first, then worry about going after the buyer. The last thing you want is a collection agency on your ass.

In other words, don't leave a negative balance in your PayPal account.

bread's done
Back