Need Help! Best Place to get Micro or Sp

hx214

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Ok guys, I teach High School, and I just had one of my students have to go into the hospital for chemo treatment. He went into the doctor because he had a cold, and they admitted him to the hospital the next day for chemo. I just got the note from the school to send him in his work, and I really want to send him a gameboy to play while he is in the hospital.

I need to know where the best place is to grab a New Sp, or a Micro. I've never had either one, I would assume it would be best to get an Sp for him just because it is easier to see.

I also need some idea's for games to get him. I was going to grab one or two mario games for him, probably mario cart and another classic one. I don't really know what type of games he is into, I remember talking about need for speed underground with him, but I don't know if those games are any good on the GBA. I would like to get him on of the RPG's but I don't think he would be into them.

Any help would be great guys!

That's a nice thing you are doing. Final Fantasy VI recently game out for GBA and would be a good choice for an RPG. I haven't really played a lot of the racing games, but Mario Kart was a good choice for sure. Here's a link to reviews on some of the GBA racing games on gamespot which may help:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.htm...e=reviews&mode=top&sort=post_date&sortdir=asc
It looks like NFS underground 2 got a pretty good review.

As for the sp vs micro. If you can get the TRU deal mentioned above on the Micro, I would probably go that route, as it the newer SP's are still going for around 70-80. I haven't heard of any issues with the micro screen and visibility, in fact I've heard that it's sharper and the colors better saturated than the SP screen.

thanks for the help guys. I'll check my TRU and see if they have anything but my TRU is very hit or miss on things. Is that a YMMV sale or is that what they sell them for retail?

I remember walmart had a butt load of them after the black friday sale, maybe i'll check them out to.

Any other games a High School kid would really enjoy?

Personally, I didn't care much for the Micro. It was good for awhile, but after an hour or two my hands really started cramping up.

And the Micros at TRU are part of the chainwide clearance. You should find that price at all TRU's, but actually finding a store that still has a Micro may be a task.

bread's done
Back