Need help changing my NAT from "Strict" to "Open"

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Just got Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 and my old, piece of shit router is fucking me over.

I'm trying to change my NAT from "Strict" to "Open," or at least "Moderate." Unfortunately, I have a shitty Linksys BEFCMU10, which according to random Google results, doesn't even support NAT. I have UPnP on and I've pretty much done all I can do in my router, but my NAT just will not change. Wtf do I do?

Any help is appreciated. I've been waiting a year for this game and I'm not going to miss out on quality online gaming because of a fucking technicality.

Might be time to pony up $20-$30 for a Belkin

You might try upgrading the firmware or loading custom firmware, although from Googling it looks like that model doesn't support NAT.

Is that an extensive process? I'm only 20, and still living at home. The router isn't exactly mine, but if it's easy I should be able to do it...

Along with UPnP, try port forwarding your Xbox ports. Check this LINK out to know which ones to forward.
It's not the exact same model but close enough. That should work because I've got a Linksys that
won't work either/or but when Both UPnP and Port Forwarding are triggered, it works. Hope that helps. :D

[quote name='Ronzilla']Along with UPnP, try port forwarding your Xbox ports. Check this LINK out to know which ones to forward.
It's not the exact same model but close enough. That should work because I've got a Linksys that
won't work either/or but when Both UPnP and Port Forwarding are triggered, it works. Hope that helps. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll give that a shot. I've already got my 360 ports open, but I think that's something different than port forwarding, if I'm not mistaken.

bread's done
Back