Need help choosing a camera

N1c0_ds

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I want to buy a digital camera for blogging, eBay and pictures in general. Right now I am considering the Canon SD1000 camera for its 150$ price tag and reviews.

Is there a good sub-200$ camera that beats this one?

Oh, just a thing: it must have SDHC support.

Not sure what SDHC is.. high capacity memory I guess? But I'm selling my Sony DSC-P41 if you're interested.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Not sure what SDHC is.. high capacity memory I guess? But I'm selling my Sony DSC-P41 if you're interested.[/quote]

Secure Digital, High Capacity. Over 2GB (and even some 2GB cards) are SDHC. I want to be able to buy a 8GB Micro SD card and put it in with the adapter without the damn thing being unable to read it.

The most important is that it is not a stupid memory stick that fits the hole. Seriously sony.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']canons are good, though shouldnt you get your parent permission before buying a camera?[/quote]

Yes, I do. However I've been reading reviews and stuff since the last 3 months, so it's not an impulsive buy. I'll just deal with the reaction.

[quote name='N1c0_ds']Yes, I do. However I've been reading reviews and stuff since the last 3 months, so it's not an impulsive buy. I'll just deal with the reaction.[/quote]

How old are you?

the Canon PowerShot A720 IS is sdhc compatible and got very high reviews on cnet and consumer reports (best in class on both sites). It can be had for under $200.

My uncle just got this and a 2gb memory card for about $188 at gateway I believe. Buy.com had it for $158 if you used the coupon for $20 (or $25off). I usually get that coupon from buy.com monthly, so I am sure you could jump on it then. Both buy.com and gateway.com had free shipping with it.

[quote name='Koggit']Just say 15. The "I'll be X in Y months" is so elementary school.[/quote]

But there is such a difference between 15 and 16 in people's mind. Thank for the notice tho.

[quote name='N1c0_ds']But there is such a difference between 15 and 16 in people's mind. Thank for the notice tho.[/quote]

Yeah the difference is a 15 year old says "I'll be 15 in only 9 months" while a 16 year old says "I'm 16." :lol:

Not trying to bust your balls or anything. Go for the one I'm selling!

bread's done
Back