RCS0926

CAGiversary!
I've got 5 games that I'm considering:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest 4
Lock's Quest

Which game would you recommend? Thanks in advance...

If you haven't played them yet, you could always pick up GBA Golden Sun 1 & 2 (The Lost Age) for cheaper than any one of those other games. Many Gamestop locations still have them used for under $10 each.

I'm seriously considering Golden Sun. Right now, I'm trying to get into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. If I end up really getting into it, then I'll probably pass on all these games. However, if I end up not liking FFTA, then I'll definitely consider Golden Sun.

[quote name='RCS0926']I didn't realize that Chrono Trigger was so short.[/QUOTE]

however it is one of those games you could play multiple times.

CT took me about 15 hours, DQ4 took me about 20 hours. I played Disgaea for around 30-40 on the PS2 and just couldnt get into it, but I had a buddy that put almost 200 hours into it maxing everything out.

[quote name='Josef']A second vote for Disgaea. You can easily spend over 100 hours with that game.[/quote]

This.

I've probably got 150 hours into the PSP version.

It's not on the list, but I whole-heartedly recommend Etrian Odyssey. I must've put in at least 60+ hours. It's a little unforgiving at first, but keep with it. It's a great experience.

[quote name='punkmaggit']It's not on the list, but I whole-heartedly recommend Etrian Odyssey. I must've put in at least 60+ hours. It's a little unforgiving at first, but keep with it. It's a great experience.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Great game as well!

[quote name='mtxbass1']This.

I've probably got 150 hours into the PSP version.[/quote]

My DS save is almost 260 hours and I still play every day on my commute to and from work.

I'm working toward perfectly leveled trophy items. Yoshi, Robot Suit, etc.

I say you go with Dragon Quest 4. It always takes me awhile.
Or my personal faves Pokemon, but hey its not for everyone.

[quote name='adriley313']...Or my personal faves Pokemon, but hey its not for everyone.[/quote]

I know Pokemon isn't on the list but I spent at over 300 hours in Pearl. Of course most of that was spent in front of a computer with a pad and pencil handy.

if you play Disgaea DS

STAY OUT OF ITEM WORLD until you beat the game or almost beat it... Spending too much time in item world too soon in the game makes the basic game way too easy and boring (that is how i ruined Part 2 fo the ps2

[quote name='Filbert']I know Pokemon isn't on the list but I spent at over 300 hours in Pearl. Of course most of that was spent in front of a computer with a pad and pencil handy.[/quote]
Pokemon is awesome. Picking up platinum on sunday:bouncy:. I tried Chrono Trigger and its nice, but i dont recommend it if your looking for 100+ hours of gameplay. give Dragon quest 8 or FFTA2 a try.

[quote name='homeland']chrono trigger is only about 15 hours long, from what i remember.[/quote]

That assuming you only play through it once. But who doesn't go New Game+ when they play Chrono Trigger? Thats just stupid!

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. If the game doesn't really grab me, then I'll definitely be considering all the choices mentioned in this thread. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Pokemon is great. Chrono Trigger is awesome too.

Only problem is, neither of these games are that long. If you aren't interested in catching em' all, then Pokemon is relatively quick.

bread's done
Back