need help deciding between consoles!

SuavePeanuts

CAGiversary!
Okay so here is the deal. In august both my main xbox and backup xbox got red rings and nether were able to get fixed for free. So I went to gamestop and sold all my games/accessories.

My question is do I get a PS3 or a new XBOX 360.

I like the 360 But seeing as they break ALL THE TIME I don't know if it's worth it.

I have never played a PS3 so I have no clue about anything about it.

All my friends and family have 360s so If I did get a PS3 I would be starting with no one to play with.

I am Really torn up about this and have no idea what to get!

To help me help you here is a list of games I have enjoyed
Oblivion
Call of duty (all of them)
Battle field (most of them

(not really a halo or gears of war fan)

Also I already have a blue ray player so that really wouldn't help the PS3's case in my decision.

As always thank you in Advance

Both consoles are great, but if all your friends have 360's and you're a Call of Duty/Battlefield fan, then you should go with the 360. You certainly don't want to be playing those games alone on the PS3; friends make all the difference.

I wouldn't worry much about it breaking, the newer models are more reliable than the older ones.

Well since you already sold everything it's probably a sign you were ready to upgrade. I wouldn't suggest you go back or you'll find yourself in the same position in a few weeks. PS3 has some shooters but the main attraction is the variety of games that aren't. 360 is very limited on variety. You'll find new people to play with and best of all will be able to show all your friends and family what they could be playing. Lead the way, ya know?

I would have said the PS3 and 360 are equal but that's no longer true. While both have their trade offs in regards to hardware, online gaming and other factors, MS's dedication to regular 360 games is non-existant. They're fully backing the Kinect (with garbage). And most 3rd party games these days are going to both platforms.

The PS3 has closed the gap in terms of multiplatform differences and has the most impressive line of exclusives. Plus, it doesn't look like Sony has any plans to abandon the system any time soon thanks to inter-connectivity with the Vita.

I own 25 systems including both a 360 and a ps3 so Im not a fanboy of any system, I play games because I like games.

Personally I would get a ps3 (a new one). I can diddle around and give you a dozen or more little reasons but here are the top 5.

1) PS3 has a really great variety of games that are ps3 exclusive anymore and the library keeps getting bigger and bigger. Metal gear solid 4, heavy rain, god of war, little big planet, 3d dot game heroes, flower, journey, infamous, killzone, last guardian, twisted metal, yakuza, uncharted, resistance, killzone, dead nation, pixel junk shooter, demons souls, gran turismo, ratchet and clank, super stardust hd, disgaea and dozens more. Plus you have all major game releases are on ps3 also like your battlefields, assasins creed, call of duty and so on.

2) Online gaming is free. I have been playing games online on my pc for decades and my ps3 since I got it, no way Im going to pay microsoft just to play games on their system.

3) Home; its optional and its free. Its fun to play with on occasion to run around the city, decoate your apartment, visit themed areas with other people, do interactive areas and so on. Sony is completely overhauling home soon to make it more game centric so should be fun to try it then.

4) It has the BEST dvd upscaling Ive seen, in other words it makes a normal dvd look great. Even crap translations like my friday the 13th season 1 dvd set looks reallly good on it. Plus it plays blu ray movies, you can download videos on your pc and put them on a thumb drive and watch them on your big screen tv with full menu support, you can stream netflix on it, surf the net and so on also.

5) Unless you get a bum ps3 they are bomb proof and are very dependable and run quiet.

[quote name='gargus']I own 25 systems including both a 360 and a ps3 so Im not a fanboy of any system, I play games because I like games.

Personally I would get a ps3 (a new one). I can diddle around and give you a dozen or more little reasons but here are the top 5.

1) PS3 has a really great variety of games that are ps3 exclusive anymore and the library keeps getting bigger and bigger. Metal gear solid 4, heavy rain, god of war, little big planet, 3d dot game heroes, flower, journey, infamous, killzone, last guardian, twisted metal, yakuza, uncharted, resistance, killzone, dead nation, pixel junk shooter, demons souls, gran turismo, ratchet and clank, super stardust hd, disgaea and dozens more. Plus you have all major game releases are on ps3 also like your battlefields, assasins creed, call of duty and so on.

2) Online gaming is free. I have been playing games online on my pc for decades and my ps3 since I got it, no way Im going to pay microsoft just to play games on their system.

3) Home; its optional and its free. Its fun to play with on occasion to run around the city, decoate your apartment, visit themed areas with other people, do interactive areas and so on. Sony is completely overhauling home soon to make it more game centric so should be fun to try it then.

4) It has the BEST dvd upscaling Ive seen, in other words it makes a normal dvd look great. Even crap translations like my friday the 13th season 1 dvd set looks reallly good on it. Plus it plays blu ray movies, you can download videos on your pc and put them on a thumb drive and watch them on your big screen tv with full menu support, you can stream netflix on it, surf the net and so on also.

5) Unless you get a bum ps3 they are bomb proof and are very dependable and run quiet.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree Im no fanboy of either console and i love my 360 to death. but thers some homey feeling i get when playing my ps3. i feel like its just a tad better then my 360..The games, the hardware, everything feels better. my one complaint with the console is DLC. Because microsoft is a pig of a company they decide they can buy out call of duty and every major 3rd party franchise and call it their own because they have a lack of their own 1st party quality games. Anywhoo, ignore my ranting..but DLC will always come out a monthish later than the 360 would. (eg. COD) so if it were me..i would buy a ps3, thankfully im lucky enough to own both:)

bread's done
Back