Need help finding services

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindersphere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I am not the type of guy to share my feelings or talk about my problems but to find counseling or something right now. I just found out my father is dead and I am breaking down in a hard way but my family is forcing me to man up and get over it even though I am just about to break down. How would I go about finding help?

I understand that you are in a tough spot right now, but I just want you to know that CAG is not the place for this. Not in the sense that, "Man, you need professional help." (although it seems like that's what you are asking for), more so in the sense that few people here will be sympathetic to you. HEED MY WARNING!

People die. This is good for you. Break you out of the habit of dismissing the deaths of others and learning to pay attention to all or none for sentimental value, and more on the impacts of the person being dead in the grand scheme of things.

Hell, if I died today, I doubt it would be any big loss to humanity. Learn it, accept it. Turn to your god if you have one. If not, you'll learn to deal or kill yourself. Makes no difference for most people.

Remember the good shit about your father, but don't dwell. Too late now, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

If you're in that mode where you're thinking about the worth of your own life or contemplating the whole life/death thing and omg all my loved ones are going to die eventually, well yea, they are. Such is life. Nothing you can do now for your dead father, unless you go for the whole prayer thing, in which case, keep him in your prayers, and cherish those who are still alive.

hey man, my dad passed away last august(08) and i know how you feel. check with your companies hr department as they may furnish some type of employee assistance with this kind of situation, mine does. check with your local hospital since they usually have grief counselors on staff for just this situation. i know its hard man and i dont know your situation but remember the good times and look to your friends for support. without mine i dont know where i wouldve been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back