Need help finding the name of a white stripes song...

EddieBelfour

CAGiversary!
when my girl went into the store to pay a bill, there was a story on Edge Toronto about this dude from the white stripes who got married to some british model. In the background, there was a white stripes song playing and i have no idea what it is. i actually know nothing about the band but i really liked the song. the only thing i can remember about it is it was about marriage and building a house. i've listened to all her white stripes discs and cant find the song, perhaps its on the new one, but if anyone can help, id give you cyber props, not to be confused with cyber.

Hardest button to button?

We started living in an old house
My ma gave birth and we were checking it out
It was a baby boy
So we bought him a toy
It was a ray gun
And it was 1981

We named him "Baby"
He had a toothache
He started crying
It sounded like an earthquake
It didn't last long
Because I stopped it
I grabbed a rag doll
Stuck some little pins in it

Now we're a family
And we're alright now
We got money and a little place
To fight now
We don't know you
And we don't owe you
But if you see us around
I got something else to show you

Now it's easy when you don't know better
You think it's sleazy?
Then put it in a short letter
We keep warm
But there's just something wrong with ya
Just feel that you're the hardest little button to button

I had opinion that didnt matter
I had a brain that felt like pancake batter
I got a backyard with nothing in it
Except a stick, a dog
And a box with something in it

The hardest button to button (x4)
Ah oh

The hardest button to button(x2)
Ah oh

The hardest button to button(x4)
Ah oh

[quote name='Saucy Jack']They do have a song called "Let's Build a Home." Been a while since I heard it, though.[/QUOTE]

heh, i figured that was it and it isnt.

and no scorch, that isnt it either. all i can remember besides what i said was something about a porch, or some of their planks. it has to be onthe new joint...

It isn't anything off the new album. "Hotel Yorba" maybe?

I was watching
with one eye on the other side
I had fifteen people telling me to move
I got moving on my mind
I found shelter
In some thoughts turning wheels around
I said 39 times that I love you
to the beauty I had found

Well its 1 2 3 4
take the elevator
at the hotel yorba
I'll be glad to see you later
all they got inside is vacancy

I been thinking
of a little place down by the lake
they got a dirty little road leading up to the house
I wonder how long it will take till we're alone
sitting on the front porch of that home
stomping our feet on the wooden boards

never gonna worry about locking the door

And its 4 5 6 7
grab your umbrella
grab hold of me
cause I'm your favorite fella
all they got inside is vacancy

Dude, you're insane. It's "Hotel Yorba". Go download it. It fits every one of your criteria: marriage, a house, planks, sounds kinda country. It's the one, I promise you.

EDIT: OK, looks like you realized I was right. ;)

MORE EDITS!: Also, totally awesome song. My ex-gf used to drive me nuts by singing the "vacancy" line one beat off.

[quote name='Ledhed']Dude, you're insane. It's "Hotel Yorba". Go download it. It fits every one of your criteria: marriage, a house, planks, sounds kinda country. It's the one, I promise you.

EDIT: OK, looks like you realized I was right. ;)[/QUOTE]

i've been looking for this jawn for so long that i completely missed the bold. lol. long night bro, long night. thanks again !!!

edit: if the song is as good as i thought it was on the first listen, we may hear wedding bells next year ;)

[quote name='Ledhed']Dude, you're insane. It's "Hotel Yorba". Go download it. It fits every one of your criteria: marriage, a house, planks, sounds kinda country. It's the one, I promise you.

EDIT: OK, looks like you realized I was right. ;)

MORE EDITS!: Also, totally awesome song. My ex-gf used to drive me nuts by singing the "vacancy" line one beat off.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess: that's why she's your "ex". :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Let me guess: that's why she's your "ex". :lol:[/QUOTE]

No; a myriad of reasons for that, none of which are being a White Stripes fan. It made me laugh more than it bothered me.

Next time you hear it, imagine the "vacancy" part occuring just 1 or 2 beats later, when the guitar returns to the same chord that was just played during the original pronunciation. You'll hear it everytime following. I promise you. :wall:

[quote name='Ledhed']No; a myriad of reasons for that, none of which are being a White Stripes fan. It made me laugh more than it bothered me.

Next time you hear it, imagine the "vacancy" part occuring just 1 or 2 beats later, when the guitar returns to the same chord that was just played during the original pronunciation. You'll hear it everytime following. I promise you. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Please, don't ruin the song for the rest of us. :lol:

I love "Hotel Yorba"..

The new album, btw, sucks ass. It sounds hawaiian, except for the single. It's weird as hell.

this is one the freshest fucking songs i've ever heard. i never listened to these cats, aside from seven nation army and thats because the baseline was off the rack. this would make a great track for a film™. montage. it reminds me of rushmore or something that would be in a wes anderson film pre-life aquatic

[quote name='Scorch']If you thought the Seven Nation Army video was cool, you should check out the video for The Hardest Button to Button.

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-292583-videos--The-White-Stripes[/QUOTE]

Hotel Yorba is a great song. And the Hardest Button to Button did have a great video. I made a parody of the video using my dog, moving her to different places as each beat progressed. It came out crappy, but what do you expect for something made in an hour at 3 in the morning when you get a creative urge? :)

Also, have you seen the videos for "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" and "Fell in Love with a Girl"? They, along with "Button" were directed by Michel Gondry. He directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (which is a movie I want to see, but haven't gotten to), and is a great music video director. I have his DVD and it's some great stuff.

I have seen them both. Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite movies of all time, I was actually trying to get demomanTNA to watch it sometime soon. Gondry's directing and Jon Brion's music make Eternal Sunshine one of my personal top 3 favorite movies of all time.

[quote name='Scorch']I have seen them both. Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite movies of all time, I was actually trying to get demomanTNA to watch it sometime soon. Gondry's directing and Jon Brion's music make Eternal Sunshine one of my personal top 3 favorite movies of all time.[/QUOTE]

What are your two other favorites movies of all time?

Man, I've got to see this movie. Actually, I've been wanting to see it since it came out in theatres, but never got around to it. Never got around to the DVD, either. Think I'll rent it this week.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']What are your two other favorites movies of all time?

Man, I've got to see this movie. Actually, I've been wanting to see it since it came out in theatres, but never got around to it. Never got around to the DVD, either. Think I'll rent it this week.[/QUOTE]

i think it's 13.44 at target, at least last week it was. very much worth the price. theres a few songs in it by a band called the willowz that are very good.

bread's done
Back